Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart, $500 ...... :/

tag
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

@bernhardtra wrote:

Out of curiosity I tried that.  I asked for $2000, but instead they simply gave me $1000 as the total.  I did not really need the extra credit but was curious.  It took about 10 minutes and the lady came back and said sorry that she could not give me the whole amount.  I actually am happy as later it might be handy in switching the card out to being a Walmart Discover card.

Thats what I was going to go for $2,000 on all my cards and see what happens..On my CC L they are LOW so anything would help.

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 31 of 40
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Out of curiosity I tried that.  I asked for $2000, but instead they simply gave me $1000 as the total.  I did not really need the extra credit but was curious.  It took about 10 minutes and the lady came back and said sorry that she could not give me the whole amount.  I actually am happy as later it might be handy in switching the card out to being a Walmart Discover card.

1+

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 32 of 40
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Technically, you have to have four statements cut with balances and make pmts....

But with the uw num, you don't really have to wait at all lol...

Just as an example, in August...these are the clis I received upon request:

Lowe's 8500-12000
Dillard's 4200-7000
Paypal MC 4400-7000
BR Visa 3000-7000
Wmt Disc 2500-5000

GECRB is fabbbbbulous for building/retaining credit.

Oh the joys of this lovely forum :-D

1+

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 33 of 40
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I started off with 250.00 about 2 years ago....I now have a 4k discover

They're pretty good with increases. I wouldn't trip. I still start off with 400.00 limits on their cards this far in my journey

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 34 of 40
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:
I started off with 250.00 about 2 years ago....I now have a 4k discover

They're pretty good with increases. I wouldn't trip. I still start off with 400.00 limits on their cards this far in my journey

How long did it take to get the Discover conversion?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 35 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It was like two years for the Discover conversion w mine
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 36 of 40
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Yup....2 years

Old navy....for the card in January of 2010 and got the upgrade this past Friday

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 37 of 40
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

My sister said she thought she got her conversion after 6 months.  I hope the credit limit has something to do with it.  If that is the case I will try again after 4 to 6 months.  I don't want to push it with them!  I don't need it to be a Discover card, I just think it would be cool since I don't actually shop at Walmart much.  However, having a higher limit is great for more than one reason.  I might actually need it one day, for something like 0% financing!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 38 of 40
bellrod44
Contributor

I'm assuming you are all talking about the Walmart store card, not the Discover?

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 39 of 40
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

From my personal experience. I've found that applying in store not only yields better approval results but better credit limits. I applied for the WM card back in July and got a denial online. Tried to recon, denied again. This month, I reapplied in store and at the electronics section and made up a bogus story about wanting to buy a tv and take advantage of the 0% interest for 18 months on electronics purchases over 429 dollars. Approved immediately for $2100. I'm a year post bk7 and still have numerous baddies on my report. Then right after I got approved, I called the backdoor underwriters number and made up another bogus story that I was in store looking to buy a tv and the credit limit I had just gotten approved for was insufficient for the item I wanted to purchase. I explained again that I wanted to take advantage of the %0 percent financing for 18 months and asked for $4000. I got a counteroffer for $3700. I took it. YMMV.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.