Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CC closed due to payment returne - Error on banks part

tag
mithrildreams
Valued Member

Walmart CC closed due to payment returne - Error on banks part

Walmart closed my account because the payment didn't go through.  The bank had my account locked due to a fraud alert.  Is there any way I can get them reopen or am I just SOL? 

Thanks!

Carrie

Capital One Quicksilver | Capitol One Platinum | OverStock | Gamestop
Current 9/28/16 Experian 659 Equifax 646Transunion 633
Starting over...06/13/2015
Experian 537 Equifax 544 TransUnion 525
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart CC closed due to payment returne - Error on banks part

Get a letter from your bank indicating your account was frozen due to potential fraud. Then call Synch and explain what happened, and forward the letter to Synch. 

They will probably issue you a new card.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Im gonna say you have maybe a 50% chance of them reopening it. Synch isn't known for being that understanding. They may tell you that you'll just have to "re-apply".

So sorry for the distress its caused you, and I would call the U.S. BD# , and explain your situation, and see what they say. I would  not call just regular CS because its all outsourced and the language barrier is difficult to deal with, plus they won't have any authority at all to do anything, and will just read you some script non-sense.

Please keep us informed as to what happened, and Im pulling for ya!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:

Im gonna say you have maybe a 50% chance of them reopening it. Synch isn't known for being that understanding. They may tell you that you'll just have to "re-apply".

So sorry for the distress its caused you, and I would call the U.S. BD# , and explain your situation, and see what they say. I would  not call just regular CS because its all outsourced and the language barrier is difficult to deal with, plus they won't have any authority at all to do anything, and will just read you some script non-sense.

Please keep us informed as to what happened, and Im pulling for ya!! Smiley Happy

+1  ^^^^ This exactly. 

I would give it a try, but it might end up being easier to just open a new account.

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.