Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI after 4th statement

tag
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

Re: Walmart CLI after 4th statement

@Anonymous wrote:

@MsKarmaNYC wrote:

Were the CLI in increments of $125 over the 2 yrs to where your limit is now? Do you know if the take a look at your reports before increasing CLI.

Yea they would soft me it took me 2 years to get to a $825 CL where i stand now. I feel kind jealous now there giving out $400 auto CLI. I've never received an auto CLI from them.

Ouch, that hurts maybe GEMB coming around now. You might see a nice increase next time. I know I was pleasantly surprised because I am carrying a balance but some have said that did not make a difference if you PIF or not. Do you use your card often? Checked my reports did not see any softs or hard since December. I hope they treat you better.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKarmaNYC wrote:

Ouch, that hurts maybe GEMB coming around now. You might see a nice increase next time. I know I was pleasantly surprised because I am carrying a balance but some have said that did not make a difference if you PIF or not. Do you use your card often? Checked my reports did not see any softs or hard since December. I hope they treat you better.

I spend like $100 a month then pay it off before the statement cuts. Last year for Christmas i put about $600 on my card for xmas shopping it was 0% interest for 12 months i paid it off in 3 months.

Message 22 of 29
konabill
Regular Contributor

This morning I arrived @ 700 on TU (706) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG I think I will dance all the way to work! Smiley Very Happy       

mjbfan79, My walmart card was obtained @ christmas 2009 with FICO scores of 640.    I use it regularly  and then PIF before statement arrives.    I have done the same with Target but nothing from them yet.

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 23 of 29
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

@konabill wrote:

@ This morning I arrived @ 700 on TU (706) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG I think I will dance all the way to work! Smiley Very Happy       

@                              mjbfan79, My walmart card was obtained @ christmas 2009 with FICO scores of 640.    I use it regularly  and then PIF before statement arrives.    I have done the same with Target but nothing from them yet.

Konabill, Congrats..Thats Awesome! I am inching my way closer and closer to 700. I hope I can make it there soon so I can do the happy dance too, lol.

mjbfan79: Are you up for another increase soon?

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKarmaNYC wrote:

Yes in July

Message 25 of 29
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@MsKarmaNYC wrote:

Yes in July

Ok, that's right around the corner. Can you give an update if or when they give you a cli and how much it was for. BTW, they did do a soft pull on TU in April.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKarmaNYC wrote:

BTW, they did do a soft pull on TU in April.

Yea they use to soft EQ now they soft TU.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was difficult for me to get a Walmart card. I tried a few times and was denied. They finally approved me for 300.00. I just got a CLI in June for 400.00. You mentioned Target. They are also giving out CLI, for the store card which is rare. I just received one for 800.00. I heard they are closing their Target Visa.   

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what i got that walmart card around the same time.  A few months later got a cli of 400 started with the 300 woopdie do was rebuilding.  Had the target for almost a full year before the 800 auto cli and what do ya know walmart tells me i have a cli only they are rereporting the original 400 cli they gave me a while back.  They been forever softing me since i got the CL and i'm figuring they did this cuz they knew about the target but didn't want to match them so they tried this.  How pathetic, it only encourages me to shelve them.  I favored target before the credit line increase the fact that i have a larger credit limit with them now only makes the gap worse.

Bottom line had i been bumped up to 1200 instead of being toyed with per say i would have given them more consideration.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.