Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI easy for some, not for others

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI easy for some, not for others

I think that there's definitely something to the fourth statement rule, but if you have good (or great) credit you can pretty much ask for anything, anytime. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 31 of 38
toppers555
Established Contributor

co

@tbolt2 wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:

Also make sure your accounts are generating statements or else you will never get an increase. 

It is possible to get an increase with no statements with GE backed cards.

Within the past month, I was able to get CLI's on two accounts:

WalMart - no statements or balance for 2 months - 600 CLI

JCPenney - no statements or balance for 6 months - 1400 CLI

Both cards will be two years old next month. The JCP card never had a CLI. The WalMart card had one at the 4 month mark...nothing after that until last month.

My experience was different. I had the  card  for 10 months used it , and never had a balance on card , so no e statement ever generated on my account, and system always denied stating not enough experience at current limit.  Back in sept/oct I did an experment, and left a 25 balance so my first statement generated.  GE gave me an auto increase ,and let me request an additonal  increase the same day that they apporved. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 32 of 38
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

I called (backdoor number) right after I received my Wal-Mart card with it's tiny $400 limit. Got a big fat no.

I also have a GE card with Belk. I have been using & paying in full every month. I waited until the 4th e-statement cut like everyone said. Another big fat no. Smiley Sad

I am happy I got these to rebuild, but with a 650 FICO, it was still kind of depressing not to be able to use them more for Christmas.

Message 33 of 38
S7
Established Contributor

Same boat as you. $400 limit, told nope, not happenin'!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI - Lenders for CC accounts can no longer use household income (except in the state of WI) for applications for credit or credit line increase requests. Changes in the federal law known as the Card Act caused this. If you plan on providing household income just don't say it is household income, that would cause the lender to not accept the income amount. This is the Ability to Pay Requirement of the Card Act. Just thought I would advise.

Ps -- I work in the Underwriting dept with this lender, so if anyone has any specific questions about lending philosophy, etc feel free to PM me and I would be happy to answer your questions. No personal questions please as I can only provide you my insight in a general sense -- not in an account specific sense. :-)

Message 35 of 38
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the post AaroininOakland.  Might have to pick your brain myself a little to get some insight.  Welcome to the forums.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 36 of 38
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

+1

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the welcome, no problem. Anytime you have questions feel free to ask. :-)

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.