Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI ?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Walmart CLI ?

I have a walmart discover card coming up on the 3rd month mark. As of yet I have not recieved a statement. I keep a credit balance of a few hundred and in the rare times I use the card it never carries a balance. Is this account eligible for a soft CLI after 90 days or does a statement need to post in order for it to work? I sure would like to see the CL bump up. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart CLI ?

The general rule is after the 4 th statement for GE cc's. YMMV
Message 2 of 16
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I guess my question is, is the cli availability contingent on the 120 day since account opening, or based on 4 posted statements? A call to their 800 number was not helpful, it was outside of the information the CSR had available. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If you don't report a balance to cut a statement you'll be in GERCB Purgatory for CLI's.

Message 5 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

If you don't report a balance to cut a statement you'll be in GERCB Purgatory for CLI's.

Haha!! I believe you are correct because it wasn't until I actually generated a 4th statement that I was able to get a CLI...LOL!!

I did the pif before the statement printed and I don't know if it was coincidence or what, but I have to say that you are absolutely 100% correct.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 16
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

i call bs on this. i received a cli from walmart from 800 too 3k with no statement cuts. at 3 1/2 months and one at 5 1/2 months too 5k before i took advantage of a 0% for a computer i bought. 

before that computer a statemnet never generated for me. 

i used the backdoor credit solutions number. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

i call bs on this. i received a cli from walmart from 800 too 3k with no statement cuts. at 3 1/2 months and one at 5 1/2 months too 5k before i took advantage of a 0% for a computer i bought. 

Different credit profiles beget different outcomes.  Enough people, including myself, have not experienced what you have although I have read about others (not many) that have done it like you have.

Your scores are strong and probably no recent baddies so it is totally understandable that it happened for you.  But to call bs on it though I believe we would need to only compare those that have similar credit, util and income profiles as yourself .  I can definitely say that my profile, just based on scores alone, puts us in different buckets so we can't expect the same things.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 8 of 16
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

Different credit profiles beget different outcomes.  Enough people, including myself, have not experienced what you have although I have read about others (not many) that have done it like you have.

Your scores are strong and probably no recent baddies so it is totally understandable that it happened for you.  But to call bs on it though I believe we would need to only compare those that have similar credit, util and income profiles as yourself .  I can definitely say that my profile, just based on scores alone, puts us in different buckets so we can't expect the same things.

i dont doubt this. but i was just saying that its bs to have too report a balance(or generate a statement) too get a cli. i have yet too get one after my walmart balance started reporting. 

it seems your credit scores are higher then mine, besides the walmart tu lol (go figure) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

i dont doubt this. but i was just saying that its bs to have too report a balance(or generate a statement) too get a cli. i have yet too get one after my walmart balance started reporting. 

it seems your credit scores are higher then mine, besides the walmart tu lol (go figure) 

Oh I see what you're saying....calling bs on that qualification only of needing to generate a statement Woman Embarassed.

Haha!! Okay so my EQ is higher than yours, but TU and EX yours are higher by 20 plus points and that's enough to bucket us a lot differently.  I tell ya, GE for me, and I have a couple of GE cards, have been THEE hardest to get CLI's going.  But once I finally got the ball rolling then it starting coming regularly.  I believe it took about 6 months before I got my first increase.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.