Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart - CLOSED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart - CLOSED!

@Anonymouswrote:
I am going off the idea that they have somehow changed policy on their minimum credit score criteria to extend credit to the consumer and that goes to those who even have the card already opened up.

Now that could be ruled out easily by any other person who has less of a score than myself and there card is still open and alive!

I would be curious to see if all the others who have their card shutdown on here out of nowhere have maybe something like mine or just below 700.

Still seems odd to me but it is just a theory for sure. I actually was due on here to review my credit reports so I pulled all 3 this morning.

No significant changes in any of the FICO scores, if anything my FICO 9 scores went up a tad bit. No new negative or derogatory info. Utilization is down to 23% from previously being 25% last month.

I really do not see anything on any of the 3 reports and especially the EX that stick out to cause a problem.

I don't think Walmart is closing accounts citing an EX score of 667 as being too low. Many of were approved with much lower scores. That would be big jump to consider 667 as too low. I think something else is going on.

Have you added a lot of new accounts?

Message 11 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
I am going off the idea that they have somehow changed policy on their minimum credit score criteria to extend credit to the consumer and that goes to those who even have the card already opened up.

Now that could be ruled out easily by any other person who has less of a score than myself and there card is still open and alive!

I would be curious to see if all the others who have their card shutdown on here out of nowhere have maybe something like mine or just below 700.

Still seems odd to me but it is just a theory for sure. I actually was due on here to review my credit reports so I pulled all 3 this morning.

No significant changes in any of the FICO scores, if anything my FICO 9 scores went up a tad bit. No new negative or derogatory info. Utilization is down to 23% from previously being 25% last month.

I really do not see anything on any of the 3 reports and especially the EX that stick out to cause a problem.

I don't think Walmart is closing accounts citing an EX score of 667 as being too low. Many of were approved with much lower scores. That would be big jump to consider 667 as too low. I think something else is going on.

Have you added a lot of new accounts?

I would look at that, too. App sprees have been known to scare issuers such as Chase, and there were a couple of articles from Experian posted yesterday about "bust out" fraud, for which app sprees are considered one of the warning signals (in conjunction with others), that are worth considering.

Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchinewrote:

There are dozens of reasons why this could have happened to you. You have given us no information to go on here. "Paying on time" is not the same as PIF. And Synchrony closing accounts randomly is not a true statement. There is ALWAYS a reason. The answer is in your credit report somewhere.

Exactly! I do however see that OP's scores are low not sure why but that may hint at the possible AA or something in his or her credit report.

Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

No recent accounts since maybe late-December I believe and my scores were lower when I got approved for the Walmart card as well.

It’s all crazy but I’ll get a letter soon enough and we will all know... hopefully...
Message 14 of 48
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I know EXACTLY what is on my reports, I know my current util down to the nearest dollar, the reason why my scores are the way they are and when they will be going up. Synchrony didnt wake up yesterday and say "we are below quota on our random closings. Who is next up?" There is a reason why you were picked.

If you want a clue as to why Sychrony MIGHT have done this, google "Experian Bust Out" and see how many triggers you have

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 48
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Meanmchinewrote:

I know EXACTLY what is on my reports, I know my current util down to the nearest dollar, the reason why my scores are the way they are and when they will be going up. Synchrony didnt wake up yesterday and say "we are below quota on our random closings. Who is next up?" There is a reason why you were picked.

If you want a clue as to why Sychrony MIGHT have done this, google "Experian Bust Out" and see how many triggers you have

You hungry? 

Message 16 of 48
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If there have been excessive accounts opening in the last year or so then this is a good possibility

https://www.experian.com/assets/decision-analytics/white-papers/bust-out-fraud-white-paper.pdf

Message 17 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think I’ve ever said they picked me in error. The whole point of this post was just to toss around ideas amongst ourselves as to why not only this happened to me but also to many others recently on here.

As for looking up Experian Bust Out, I saw many sources point out the score mostly correlated with bank cards, not store cards. So if that is true, then not sure that it fits into this as the Walmart card I have is the store card version and not a Visa/MC.

I’ve looked over my report many times this morning and still can’t pin point anything that stands out as shouting to cancel all accounts.

As I’ve said already and many others have as well. We all know that I wasn’t randomly chosen by SYNC to have my account closed. One piece of information or more from what they got back from EX made them come to that decision but of course if we can’t see that from our own view with the report, we then they have something on their side we don’t get to see or know about unless they decide to disclose that in the letter but that’s always a toss up.
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 48
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Remedioswrote:

@Meanmchinewrote:

You hungry? 

You treating? Smiley Happy

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.