Walmart - CLOSED!

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart - CLOSED!

@Meanmchinewrote:

@Remedioswrote:

@Meanmchinewrote:

I know EXACTLY what is on my reports, I know my current util down to the nearest dollar, the reason why my scores are the way they are and when they will be going up. Synchrony didnt wake up yesterday and say "we are below quota on our random closings. Who is next up?" There is a reason why you were picked.

If you want a clue as to why Sychrony MIGHT have done this, google "Experian Bust Out" and see how many triggers you have

You hungry? 

You treating? Smiley Happy

Yeah, but don't pick anything expensive 

Message 21 of 48
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

lol

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bust-Out-Score/td-p/5116259

That entire thread is well worth a read. Of particular note is the unfortunate fact that a lot of honest people who have no intention whatever of committing fraud might, unbeknownst to themselves, match enough of the warning flags of "bust out" to trigger alarms and consequent AA.

Message 23 of 48
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
My profiles are completely clean. I worked over the past year to clean them up. I actually didn’t get approved for my Walmart card until after all of that was removed and gone so it’s got to be something else for my issue.

But that could be something causing others some problems.

I don't mean to be rude but how is your score still so low if your profile is "completely clean"?

Message 24 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume mostly because my AAoA sucks. I really haven’t given it time to grow since when I was able to finally get approved for things I went a little crazy.

Maybe my AAoA has something to do with it as well.
Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I would assume mostly because my AAoA sucks. I really haven’t given it time to grow since when I was able to finally get approved for things I went a little crazy.

If you engaged in app sprees at that time, that could have been one factor, yes. I've been worried about applying for cards too quickly, and the shortest span of time I've ever done that in was when I got four cards late last spring/early summer in about a month and a half. Overall, I've gotten new cards at the rate of about once every other month since seriously beginning my rebuild (counting from November 2016 when I was approved for Amazon, rather than December 2015 when I got my Cap 1 secured), and since last July 1 when I was approved for Penfed Power Cash Rewards I've only gotten three new cards in the last nine months.

Message 26 of 48
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

What did you do that was "a little crazy"?  And how long ago?  I suspect this might be the reason.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 27 of 48
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

One of the best ways to streghten your file is to join the garden. Let your current tradelines age and grow. Dont go crazy hitting the love button or calling Credit Solutions. To many CLI attempts will spook any lender.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 28 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

What is the AAOA's? That is quite possible. I have a low Equifax FICO 8 of 729 because it's just shy 2 years for AAOA's. I have clean files. It was 736 but the Citi HP cost me.

Message 29 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear this op. Thanks for sharing. Carrying balances on a Sync card shouldnt be the culprit, theyd love that but will be interesting to read the letter.
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.