Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart - CLOSED!

Credit Apocalypse!
Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why on earth anyone would use walmart credit card??? I cancelled it myself few months ago.

Message 43 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why on earth anyone would use walmart credit card??? I cancelled it myself few months ago.

I doSmiley Happy

I get money off at pump and also 2% back, so it's a win win for me.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex, gives 2% on gas, BankAm 3%, costco citi 4%

it's pathetic they dont give a higher cashback in their own stores. Any other card is as good (or better) in Walmart as their own. Compare to 5% target one. If you use it exclusively for gas, and fuel at walmart only... maybe. Still other cards could be better. 

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly my thoughts! Questionable merchant paired with a questionable financial institution. No thanks!

Message 46 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet not much differnt from any other greedy corprrations, which are most of them.

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand your sentiments exactly same thing happen to me i paid my last payment on  my walmart  card end of May which left me with a zero balance and I always used my card for online purchases get better benefits anyhow I had zero balance and the next thing I know my accont was being reported as closed on my credit, I couldn't understand why they would close my account when it was current never late always paid the full balance each month. AND THE EXPLANATION I GOT WAS THE ISSUER CLOSED AND CAN DO SO WITH OUT INFORMING ME AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN A LETTER OF EXPLANATION. SO IM THINKING SYNCHIONY BANK LOST THIS WALMART ACCONT TO CAPITOL ONE , PERHAPS THEY WERE JUST CLOSING ACCOUNTS AS OF THIS DAY 9/5/2019 CAPITOL ONE AND WALMART ARE BECOMING PARTNERS AND A NEWER CARD WILL BE ISSUED NOW I DO NOT KNOW IF WE WOULD HAVE TO REAPPPLY OR THEY WILL REISSUED A NEW ONE HOPE IT HELPS GOOD LUCK PERSONALLY I WONT BE APPLYING FOR ANY NEW CARD SINCE YOU CLOSED THE FIRST ONE ON ME WITHOT IT BEING A BALANCE OR  EVER LATE

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.