Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

See title and article going to Cap1 from Sync...Assume Sam Card as well?  Need to read the article as well saw the rumors a few weeks back..  Wonder what will happen to the big CL's on peoples cards stay intact or slashed and future approvals.. No more credit solutions..

19% of their store card portfolio that has to sting worse then the costco loss imo...  Their shares are getting hit i bet.  Yep down 10+% on market.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/walmart-chooses-capital-one-as-their-new-credit-card-issuer-ends-sync...

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

See title and article going to Cap1 from Sync...Assume Sam Card as well?  Need to read the article as well saw the rumors a few weeks back..  Wonder what will happen to the big CL's on peoples cards stay intact or slashed and future approvals.. No more credit solutions..

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/walmart-chooses-capital-one-as-their-new-credit-card-issuer-ends-sync...

very interesting!!! Thats a big upset for Synch!! 

Message 2 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Boy..that sucks! Glad I got my last CLI out the way for the Walmart card.
Hopefully it will stay intact. If not I'll cancel the account and put the spend elsewhere.
Message 3 of 74
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

".....No more credit solutions."

?????

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 74
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

?????

Meaning once it is in Cap1 hands you can't call credit solutions aka sync. and get a CLI from say a 1k cl to a 25k CL or whatever by a SP.

Message 5 of 74
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

?????

Meaning once it is in Cap1 hands you can't call credit solutions aka sync. and get a CLI from say a 1k cl to a 25k CL or whatever by a SP.

Whew.  I thought you meant that CS as a whole was disappearing

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The only thing positive about the situation is, it lowers my exposure with Synchrony. Which allows me to grab another one of their partners cards in the future.😋
Message 7 of 74
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:
The only thing positive about the situation is, it lowers my exposure with Synchrony. Which allows me to grab another one of their partners cards in the future.😋

Dang and i was thinking of getting the Walmart card for the free 2 liter soda lol..  

Don't set foot in a walmart unless i am desperate for a cord or something can't stand them or target, etc...  I am also a costco person vs. a sams club person.. If they loose Sams as well which is probable since same company oh that is going to really hurt sync in the short term.  Granted they picked up paypal credit so meh.

Message 8 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I can't imagine them separating out the Sam's Club cards (MC and PLCC) so I suspect they will go to Capital One as well; I agree it will be interesting to see what happens to those of us with "big" limits. 

In the weeks leading up to the transition they will need to call in overtime for the overseas Credit Solutions call center!  Smiley Surprised

thingphone.gif

Message 9 of 74
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

+1

I too have been closing Synchrony accounts to lower my exposure

I never could axe Walmart or SamsClub on my own.  Maybe a Marvel App in the future is a possibility now

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.