Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

When Cap1 takes over, does the new TL has the original *opened* date? 

Message 11 of 74
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Well then it’s high time then to hit Sync CS up for a $20K CLI just before they transition just in case Cap1 absorbs their portfolio. Been threading lightly and staying under the radar with Synch the past months or so.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 12 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
The only thing positive about the situation is, it lowers my exposure with Synchrony. Which allows me to grab another one of their partners cards in the future.😋

+1

I too have been closing Synchrony accounts to lower my exposure

I never could axe Walmart or SamsClub on my own.  Maybe a Marvel App in the future is a possibility now

I hear ya on not wanting to cut it loose!

Lol...especially now with my Walmart card. It actually surpassed the spending of the USAA Limitless card this month. Something I thought I'd never see!🤨

3% no hassle cash back is hard to beat!

Message 13 of 74
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I, too, will be very curious to see if the Sam’s Club accounts are migrated to Capital One as well. I’ve managed to hang onto my Sam’s Club MasterCard with a rather large CL for several years after ending my club membership. It will be interesting to see if Capital One continues to let it slide, or if they take a hardline approach similar to Citi with the Costco Visa cards.

Message 14 of 74
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well well, with this info I just requested CLI to restore what I myself CLD two years ago and it was approved. Dont use the card much anyway as I get better rewards with others.

Adding: Changeover effective 08/01/19

Message 15 of 74
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Well well, with this info I just requested CLI to restore what I myself CLD two years ago and it was approved. Dont use the card much anyway as I get better rewards with others.

Adding: Changeover effective 08/01/19

now everyone has until prior to that date to get their TU scores up to 720+ and you to can have a 25k cl with Cap1 probablySmiley Happy

Message 16 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the positive side of this massive portfolio change: perhaps Synchrony will rethink its draconian and sudden account closure/restriction policy. 

On the negative side: Capital One is stingy with credit line increases unlike Synchrony.

@CreditCuriosity
Message 17 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that was unexpected! It's just as well that the changeover is going to take a year. Sync is in a mulish mood about my Walmart card; they won't give me any more CLI's right now because, in their opinion, I've had too many CLI's on that card recently (a munificient $500 in March and another $1K last month), so I'm going to have to let things cool down for a few months.  It would be nice if Cap 1 were to offer an option to PC store cards to a co-branded MC or Visa...

I might note, by the way, that while I haven't checked in to my account page today, Synchrony hasn't sent out anything about this big change to their customers yet. One thing that is definitely good news is that my Sync exposure will be cut by however much the Walmart CL is at the time of the changeover; that'll free up exposure for Amazon, Care Credit and especially PayPal, which is the Sync card that I really want to grow right now.

Message 18 of 74
JSS3
Valued Contributor

As long as we can keep the cashover feature and financing options, I'm happy.
Message 19 of 74
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Knowing Cap One, if you have big limit and it transfers to them , if you use it sparingly, might be good to prepare yourself for cld. Will be my first Cap One card if they allow us in PR to enjoy their patronage lol
Message 20 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.