Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

Ive had my Walmart and SamsClub store cards for four years now. Never got an upgrade offer on either card.  I guess its not gonna happen now. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 21 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I don't know AJC, the last thing Capitol One would want to do after acquiring such a large contract is lose customers.
Now I feel like I should have asked for $20k on that last request a few weeks ago.🤔😂
Message 22 of 74
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Me either Meanie, I'm about 3 years . I've been in seedling land for awhile now so I could app for the MCs but who am I kidding? Would have been nice on my rebuild begining but I'm past the need for themSmiley Wink
Message 23 of 74
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Knowing Cap One, if you have big limit and it transfers to them , if you use it sparingly, might be good to prepare yourself for cld. Will be my first Cap One card if they allow us in PR to enjoy their patronage lol

That reminds me, gotta put some swipes on my Cabelas Visa

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 24 of 74
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I don't know AJC, the last thing Capitol One would want to do after acquiring such a large contract is lose customers.
Now I feel like I should have asked for $20k on that last request a few weeks ago.🤔😂

I have a personal rule that no store cards get a CL >$5k.  Gonna rethink that next year before the switch over

Message 25 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

If I had that rule in place. I would have been near 30% utilization on the Walmart MC this month. I never know what we may need from Lowe's in the future.
A couple of appliances would take a chunk out of a $5k limit.

If it's in CC's home. That would have been one appliance.😂
Message 26 of 74
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
If I had that rule in place. I would have been near 30% utilization on the Walmart MC this month. I never know what we may need from Lowe's in the future.

I dont count cobranded bankcards in my rule.  Both my TJMaxx and PP Extra MCs are both double digit CLs.

My income wont support $35k CLs on multiple Synchrony store cards.  Because of that, I settle for a $10k bankcard CL instead of a $20k QVC limit. Just maximizing what I have to work with

Message 27 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $10k Cap One Venture One that barely gets any use.  I have a $20k Sam's Club MC.  Looks like Cap One's gonna cut my line on the Sam's Club.

I do use the $100 cash back option on the Sam's Club MC about twice a month.  Would be a shamed if Cap One does away with that.

Oh well, my new $20k AmEx Cash Magnet will be here soon.  This would take me down to $10k exposure with Synchrony (EBates Visa) so I too might look for another Synchrony card in the next year.

Message 28 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I dont count cobranded bankcards in my rule.  Both my TJMaxx and PP Extra MCs are both double digit CLs.

My income wont support $35k CLs on multiple Synchrony store cards.  Because of that, I settle for a $10k bankcard CL instead of a $20k QVC limit. Just maximizing what I have to work with

I totally understand! How bout we both solicit CC for a part time gig?😆

My income doesn't all the time either. I have to set money to the side in order to spend large chunks at a time. I make sure whatever I spend, the money to pay it is already in my account.

Whether I pay it off in a month or a year.

I figure with the extra OT I'll earn tending CCs estate grounds.

I'll be ok with spending more in the coming months.🤣

Message 29 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

2015:

"Sam's Club Strives To Differentiate Itself From WalMart"

***Facing years of falling sales, Sam’s Club is making a move away from the value-conscious consumers who patronize its parent firm, Walmart.

“We want to be less of a Walmart,” Rosalind Brewer, chief executive of the warehouse-club retailer, told The Wall Street Journal.

Sam’s Club’s essential problem is that, despite being designed to be a totally separate type of entity from its parent company by founder Sam Walton, the store’s evolution and Walmart’s have evolved them right into direct competition more or less.

“By far, and regardless of region, Walmart is Sam’s largest competitor,” says Sara Al-Tukhaim, a director at Kantar Retail, a consulting and research firm.***

https://www.pymnts.com/news/2015/sams-club-strives-to-differentiate-itself-from-walmart/

Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.