Did you mean: 

Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

@UncleB wrote:

I can't imagine them separating out the Sam's Club cards (MC and PLCC) so I suspect they will go to Capital One as well; I agree it will be interesting to see what happens to those of us with "big" limits. 

In the weeks leading up to the transition they will need to call in overtime for the overseas Credit Solutions call center!  Smiley Surprised

thingphone.gif

@UncleB, my Sams MC cl is $15k.  Thats a nice healthy number, and I'm leaving it there. Why? Because lately, Cap1 started doing those CLD on their cards on some folks....everyone forget about that??? I dont want to have a reason for them to reduce  my CL. I figured if I just leave it right where it is, maybe they will too! LOL. Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I can't imagine them separating out the Sam's Club cards (MC and PLCC) so I suspect they will go to Capital One as well; I agree it will be interesting to see what happens to those of us with "big" limits. 

In the weeks leading up to the transition they will need to call in overtime for the overseas Credit Solutions call center!  Smiley Surprised

thingphone.gif

@UncleB, my Sams MC cl is $15k.  Thats a nice healthy number, and I'm leaving it there. Why? Because lately, Cap1 started doing those CLD on their cards on some folks....everyone forget about that??? I dont want to have a reason for them to reduce  my CL. I figured if I just leave it right where it is, maybe they will too! LOL. Smiley Wink

That's not a terrible idea; I'm at $20k with them which seems to be in the low-end of the "danger zone" when it comes to CLDs, although so far all we've heard about is them lowering limits on 'core' cards, not co-brand (unless I missed it, of course).  That could be the next "thing", though.  Smiley Indifferent

I admit that for about 10 seconds I considered hitting the 'button' to see what would happen, but you're right; there's really no point.  I'm in a good place, there's no need to mess with something that's working as-is.  Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 74
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Here is a link to another article on the subject

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-26/synchrony-falls-on-report-capital-one-wins-walmar...

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 33 of 74
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Well unless I can get my TU up to 735 or better before the acquisition---there go any hopes of my getting my WMMC up to $20k. Cap One refuses to give my any CLIs on my existing cards with them already. Smiley Frustrated

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 34 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought of another issue.  If Capital One does not assume the debt of Synchrony customers, would Synchrony simply issue all Visa and MC customers a general Synchrony credit card like they did the old Toys-R-Us MC holders?

Their general purpose MC is a 2% back card, no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.  Wouldn't that be great to get to keep a large credit line since you would have lost it if you had not remained a member of Sam's Club?  Might be a future CostCo customer here.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/toys-r-us-credit-card-to-become-2-synchrony-mastercard/

The original article did say Synchrony was looking to become more of a bank so maybe a general credit card will happen.

Message 35 of 74
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Oh goody...another CapOne card.   First Cabela's and now Walmart (possible Sam's Club).    This could be bad for me.   I've got a $44.5k QS, 3.7k PlayStation, 11k on first Cabela's, second Cabelas at $4.2k, Walmart at $7k, and Sam's Club at $13.5k.    $83.9k with CapOne is just too much for my comfort level.  

Message 36 of 74
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Not happy.. AAgirl_fight.gif

I use my Walmart card a lot.. I shop there for groceries, pet stuff and other garbage my household can't do without.

Always PIF,  CL $10,000. 

That said, I've had my Cap One Card (Quicksilver) for over 3 years and my CL is only $3600. UGH

Capital One does NOT like me...

I smell a CLD in my future... 

Message 37 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had planned on going to Sam's Club tomorrow for a rotisserie chicken.  Found a recipe for Stove Top Stuffing Casserole.

I'll go to customer service and see if they have any news.  I just got $20k in new credit and don't want to lose this $20k in credit.

I live across the street from WalMart Marketplace but I swear I think they have a policy of hiring people no smarter than their customers.  People who have no skills can't jump to the next job for 25 cents an hour more.

Message 38 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB ... your response to calling the "Credit Solutions" Call Center is "priceless" and for everything else use your MasterCard Smiley LOL

Message 39 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
If I had that rule in place. I would have been near 30% utilization on the Walmart MC this month. I never know what we may need from Lowe's in the future.
A couple of appliances would take a chunk out of a $5k limit.

If it's in CC's home. That would have been one appliance.😂

It is time for you to quit watching the HGTV Channel ... then your expectations will be more manageable Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.