Did you mean: 

Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
If I had that rule in place. I would have been near 30% utilization on the Walmart MC this month. I never know what we may need from Lowe's in the future.
A couple of appliances would take a chunk out of a $5k limit.

If it's in CC's home. That would have been one appliance.😂

It is time for you to quit watching the HGTV Channel ... then your expectations will be more manageable Smiley Wink

But I love HGTV! 😆

And I enjoy picking at CC as well. Someone has to yank his chain every now and then.😉

Message 41 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC ... this is great news for financial restraint! With Cap1 in charge, credit limits will help keep the MyFicoer's spending habits under control and more in line with the new economy of an expanded lower class ... Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
The only thing positive about the situation is, it lowers my exposure with Synchrony. Which allows me to grab another one of their partners cards in the future.😋

Dang and i was thinking of getting the Walmart card for the free 2 liter soda lol..  

Don't set foot in a walmart unless i am desperate for a cord or something can't stand them or target, etc...  I am also a costco person vs. a sams club person.. If they loose Sams as well which is probable since same company oh that is going to really hurt sync in the short term.  Granted they picked up paypal credit so meh.

Acquired a Walmart card in 2009 and used it once ... closed it after that. Like you I seek other shopping opportunities or not Smiley Frustrated

Message 43 of 74
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
If I had that rule in place. I would have been near 30% utilization on the Walmart MC this month. I never know what we may need from Lowe's in the future.

It is time for you to quit watching the HGTV Channel ... then your expectations will be more manageable Smiley Wink

But I love HGTV! 😆

And I enjoy picking at CC as well. Someone has to yank his chain every now and then.😉

You bully you picking on me.. Get back to work my yard needs weeds pulled peasant

Message 44 of 74
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
The only thing positive about the situation is, it lowers my exposure with Synchrony. Which allows me to grab another one of their partners cards in the future.😋

Dang and i was thinking of getting the Walmart card for the free 2 liter soda lol..  

Don't set foot in a walmart unless i am desperate for a cord or something can't stand them or target, etc...  I am also a costco person vs. a sams club person.. If they loose Sams as well which is probable since same company oh that is going to really hurt sync in the short term.  Granted they picked up paypal credit so meh.

Acquired a Walmart card in 2009 and used it once ... closed it after that. Like you I seek other shopping opportunities or not Smiley Frustrated

Ya I rather punch myself in the family jewels about 1000 times over and over that stop into walmart and the a lesser degree target.

Message 45 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yes sir ..on my way...😂😂😊😊😊😊

That's the reason I use the app and pick up groceries. I hate going in Walmart. Now I'm there for 5 or 10 mins while they load the car. Easy peasy!

Message 46 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

"Managing expectations" is something I routinely quote to some of our younger members... I agree that in this case it applies to this transition as well. Smiley Frustrated

(As for HGTV I'll leave that to you guys; I'm rubbish in the yard... LOL.)

Message 47 of 74
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

I dont count cobranded bankcards in my rule.  Both my TJMaxx and PP Extra MCs are both double digit CLs.

Double digit?   Like $46 ?   Time to ask for a CLI!

Message 48 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got home from Sam's Club.  Customer Service manager said they had not been informed about any kind of change coming up in their credit offerings.  She said whatever happens at WalMart wasn't really related to them.

We'll see.

Message 49 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got home from WalMart Marketplace.  Was shown a 5 page document shared with all their employees this morning concerning the change to Capital One.

Nowhere in the document did it say anything about Sam's Club.  The credit cards were all concerning Walmart, WalMart, WalMart.

In addition, the document said all CC terms would remain the same after the transition took place, meaning the option to get $100 back and it be treated as a purchase rather than a cash advance would still be available.

And oh yeah, the date of the changeover is August 2019 so WalMart credit customers have at least a year before you become Capital One customers.

Message 50 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.