Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Cancelling Sync and going to Cap 1

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got home from WalMart Marketplace.  Was shown a 5 page document shared with all their employees this morning concerning the change to Capital One.

Nowhere in the document did it say anything about Sam's Club.  The credit cards were all concerning Walmart, WalMart, WalMart.

In addition, the document said all CC terms would remain the same after the transition took place, meaning the option to get $100 back and it be treated as a purchase rather than a cash advance would still be available.

And oh yeah, the date of the changeover is August 2019 so WalMart credit customers have at least a year before you become Capital One customers.

Well that's good news---gives me a year to try and work on getting my CL bumped up.

Well atleast that's something, I hate crap one and I am not looking forward, I may just close this card once they take over.

True. Capital One needs to go back to the drawing board and re-evaluate their cards. Their best card shouldn't be a restricted 2% with a $95 AF and a hotels.com perk if you buy through them. 

Message 61 of 74
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

True. Capital One needs to go back to the drawing board and re-evaluate their cards. Their best card shouldn't be a restricted 2% with a $95 AF and a hotels.com perk if you buy through them. 

When they lack great cobrand relationships, they may figure the thing to do is just keep their cards mediocre and advertise heavily.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 62 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope we get to keep our limits, by that time mine should be 10 times what any of my cap ones have now.

Message 63 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When they lack great cobrand relationships, they may figure the thing to do is just keep their cards mediocre and advertise heavily.

That's their own problem. Steal a partnership from someone else... 

Jet Blue and Uber need a new partner... Barclays stinks. 

Message 64 of 74
jwduke
Regular Contributor

If Sam's Club goes with Crap 1, I will probably cancel it. Hade one of their cards for years, 1k was the limit, and THAT'S what the limit was going to be! No increases in limit, ever. So we will have to wait and see, I guess!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 65 of 74
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm definitely in the same boat as @Gmood1 with regard to freeing up overall exposure with SYNCB 😄

It's definitely going to be interesting once this transition occurs for sure. I've had no issues with either entity, even with the Cabela's transition and other PLC they've each acquired or swapped over the years. There's always an opportunity.
Message 66 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwduke wrote:

If Sam's Club goes with Crap 1, I will probably cancel it. Hade one of their cards for years, 1k was the limit, and THAT'S what the limit was going to be! No increases in limit, ever. So we will have to wait and see, I guess!

To be fair, Walmart is just going from one garbage issuer to another. 

Message 67 of 74
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@jwduke wrote:

Which, by the same token, one man's trash is another man's treasure.  It hasn't stopped the masses from obtaining products from either issuer.  Some lenders aren't a fit for everyone, but for those who have had a decent relationship over the years, seems like it'll be a non-issue even when the transition occurs.

Message 68 of 74
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jwduke wrote:

Which, by the same token, one man's trash is another man's treasure.  It hasn't stopped the masses from obtaining products from either issuer.  Some lenders aren't a fit for everyone, but for those who have had a decent relationship over the years, seems like it'll be a non-issue even when the transition occurs.

Yeah, it seems when someone doesn't get what they want from a particular lender they're quick to disparage them. I'm in good with Capital One, so no concerns here. Cap One's 1.5% reward cards don't cut it for me anymore (I have Quicksilver & the no fee Spark biz card), but they toss me 18 month 0% BTs with 2% fee, so that makes up for it. I'm also in good with Synchrony and even Barclays. Amex seems to think we're BFFs, I have Blue Cash Everyday & Everyday w/$21k CL between them and they been showering me offers to upgrade BCE to Preffered and Business Platinum, one day they'll figure out I don't do cards with annual fees.

Message 69 of 74
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I don't know how many people who shop at Walmart frequently enough to want a store card are going to turn their noses up at the idea of a card from Cap1. I think Cap1 will be good enough for most people.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.