cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

tag
Det_Busa

Re: Walmart Credit Card Cash Monthly Limit?

Do you remember how long it was before they upgraded you to the Walmart Discover Card?
Message 31 of 54
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Use the search function at the top of the page use. Walmart upgrade this should answer your question. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 32 of 54
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

My Walmart Discover has an even 5K CL and a 1K Quick Cash (Cash Back)/ Cash Advance Limit. 

Does Walmart even issue the 'Discover' version to people with less than an 1K total CL? I've never seen anyone with a 'Discover' card and less than a 1K.

Message 33 of 54
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

My Walmart Discover has an even 5K CL and a 1K Quick Cash (Cash Back)/ Cash Advance Limit. 

Does Walmart even issue the 'Discover' version to people with less than an 1K total CL? I've never seen anyone with a 'Discover' card and less than a 1K.

Yes. There was a poster who got a Discover with a $400 limit...lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 34 of 54
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

My CL was $600 with a Quick Cash limit of $120.

I just got a CLI to $750...not sure if the cash limit got increased or not since I haven't had a statement cut with the new CL yet.

Is there a way to find out on the website without having to refer to a statement?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 35 of 54
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

I have an $8k CL Walmart Discover with $1600 available for cash advance. You can find that info on your summary page when you login to your account.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 36 of 54
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

My cash back limit is $100, my limit is $3300 (new in the last few days, before was $2700?), I have never been offered the Discover Version of the card, I opened my account in July of 2012.  I really do not understand Walmart Cards some times. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 37 of 54
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There seems to be some confusion in this thread. The cash back (cash over a purchase) and cash advance limits are two separate items. The Walmart/Discover allows for up to $100 over per transaction; the amount for store cards are $60 per transaction / both are limited to 1 per day.
Message 38 of 54
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
There seems to be some confusion in this thread. The cash back (cash over a purchase) and cash advance limits are two separate items. The Walmart/Discover allows for up to $100 over per transaction; the amount for store cards are $60 per transaction / both are limited to 1 per day.

Yes but when do Cash Back, it comes off your Quick Cash / Cash Advance CL as well.... So if you have 1K Quick Cash / Cash Advance limit and you do 100$ Cash Back at the register. Your Quick Cash / Cash Advance limit will reduce to 900$. My DD has gotten Cash numerous times off her card, as a matter of fac the Cash Back shows up separately on the statement from the actual purchase amount thats how I know she got Cash Back

Message 39 of 54
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The cash over is delineated as a purchase on your credit statement. Cash advances are listed as cash advances and the APR is higher, usually 25.9%.
My point is to clarify the distinction of cash over vs cash advance
Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.