Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card - SL & CLI

tag
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card - SL & CLI

@ShortBus wrote:
Thank you, Sunrise. Is it recommended to call when the account is PIF? Its about maxed out and I'm itching to CLI all my accounts Smiley Wink

I suggest using the Chat feature to request a CLI. That was my claim to fame, all other methods (including Credit Solutions) didn't work. Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Called the credit solutions line and spoke to the rep. Unfortunately, the 2nd CLI was a no go, and that I'd receive a letter stating the reasons.

Oh well. I believe there may be future CLI between 4-6 months?

$5k will do for now.

I can't attempt the chat feature as I don't have the account number yet, but I will wait some time and shoot for the stars.

Good luck to all of you on the walmart CLI!

Cheers!

Message 12 of 20
_NERD
Established Contributor

Moni, WalMart has a chat feature?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 13 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I called in today to get a CLI but I just opened this card maybe a week ago and the CSR suggested I wait 6 months. Is that standard? I dont think she was looking at my CR or anything. 

No. 4 months is the norm. sometime you will get auto cli 2 or 3 months after opening.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested mine at 4 months. Denied. Called backdoor at 5 months. Approved a hardpull, denied again.

I have the MC (never had just a store card) with a SL of $1200.

Maybe 6th month will be the charm. If not, it goes in the sock drawer. Their payment system sucks anyways. LOL
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShortBus wrote:
I have a Wally World store card with a $600 limit. I think I'm in my third billing cycle. How would I go about getting a CLI? The love button online doesn't work.

Congrats

I Opened a Wally store card in March of this year with $300 starting limit.  Tried the luv button in June to no avail.  Went online today to pay my $28 balance and to my surprise it stating avaiable credit was $1871. So $1600 auto cli by my 5th statement.  Be patient and you should see something in the next few months.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to my Walmart CC app. As originally noted I was shown as preapproved after logging into my Walmart purchasing account upon checkout. Approved SL was $800, recon to $5K and the CC arrived with the $5k limit printed on the paperwork. One important detail I wanted to share was, no HP has been reported to my TU. Which means, that there's the possibility of a SP only for those marked as preapproved. Worth a try if interested. Good luck everyone!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way it worked for me was calling. I applied with my TU fico at 652 SL $400.

two months later my TU fico score went up to 690. l called and asked for $2000 and was approved. Day after I asked for another cli $3000 approved. Few hrs later I asked for $5000 and was approved I haven't asked for a credit line increase since.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My WalMart card just cut it's first statement 8 days ago... SL $700. Went into chat yesterday and got CLI to $2K and again today to $5k. I knew I should have asked for more the second time around Smiley Happy Will wait a month or so now until I enter chat and ask again. In the Garden for 3 days now and I'm bored Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update to my Walmart CC app. As originally noted I was shown as preapproved after logging into my Walmart purchasing account upon checkout. Approved SL was $800, recon to $5K and the CC arrived with the $5k limit printed on the paperwork. One important detail I wanted to share was, no HP has been reported to my TU. Which means, that there's the possibility of a SP only for those marked as preapproved. Worth a try if interested. Good luck everyone!

I was approved for a Walmart CC for 700.00 mid June called Credit solution a day later, bumped to 4000.00.  6 weeks later after my second statement cut, I noticed that my TU Fico went up over 40 points and I thought maybe just maybe I'd hit me up for another increase...got another 2000.00.  I ask for that amount,  I know I left money on the table. My point you don't need to wait 4 months.  I figure by the beginning of Nov, holiday season, I'm going in for no less than 10,000 but will ask for 15,000!  I do use the card a lot and average $250.00 to 350.00 payments per month.  My initial app was a HP, but the CL increases were SP.  Congrats to you!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.