Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card

@creditnocash wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

its a soft pull of only your tu report. 

just hit it. 

i did it every 3 months. maybe 3 times. 

got it once. then called the backdoor and bumped from 2k to 5k where it sits now. 

Beat me I see Lol

trying to input where im helpul Smiley Wink

Good job you're to be congratulated on your contributions 

Bravo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 22
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@jacksont1981 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@jacksont1981 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@jacksont1981 wrote:

I got a Walmart card about a month ago and my Transunion score at the time was 591. Now its up to 648 and I was wondering when should I press the luv botton or should I let them do an auto CLI? Also do they look at Transunion only when doing a CLI or do they look at all 3 bureaus?

After 3-4 statements call the backdoor credit solutions number and ask for 20k

they SP TU

Wow 20K??? Are you sure?? They only started me with $300 LOL

Yep ask for the sky and let them counter

Thank you! I will do just that! I will wait for 3 statement cuts before I do anything. 

Good luck 

For data points IIRC I went from 800-5k which was good enough for me.

Wow! Well I am getting more things taken off my reports so I expect my score to be at least 660 by the time I ask for a CLI so I may have a shot of getting a nice CLI. This forum is amazing!

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 12 of 22
Networth
Frequent Contributor

5k is the max Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank) will give on a regular Wal-Mart card. I just got turned down due for a CLI to their internal policy limit. I litterally just shredded the letter a few days ago. I don't know if this policy is new or not because I have had 5k awhile and said what the hell and hit the luv button a few weeks ago, than I received the letter saying I had hit their policy limit. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 13 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

Must be new. Smiley Frustrated
Message 14 of 22
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

This is good to know. I was just approve for an Walmart card earlier this month. I will ask for 5k on my 4th statement.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, 20K? Thats a lot.

Ive had mines since July. Started with $200, got it bumped up to $500 this month. Any ideas on how to bump it up even futher?

Message 16 of 22
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Kirkpatrick from my understanding they like to see is utilization. I have only had my wallet card for a week. I will be putting it to use and hopefully get a nice increase before Xmas!

Message 17 of 22
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

Networth wrote:

5k is the max Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank) will give on a regular Wal-Mart card. I just got turned down due for a CLI to their internal policy limit. I litterally just shredded the letter a few days ago. I don't know if this policy is new or not because I have had 5k awhile and said what the hell and hit the luv button a few weeks ago, than I received the letter saying I had hit their policy limit.

Does the letter clearly state the new Synchrony CL for all acounts is 5k? Did it specify store or credit card? Or does it say something more along the lines like they can't increase your 5k CL right now, but you may be eligible for an increase in the future?

If Synchrony's new max limit for all accounts is indeed 5k, I wonder how this will all work out. There are people out there with a CL of over 5k on their Walmart cards. Will they get grandfathered in and keep their original limit? If they can keep their original limit, will they be eligible for future CLIs? If the opposite happens and their CLs are reduced to 5k, there will be a lot of unhappy customers. In addition for customers under the 5k limit, it will be much harder to get a CLI now and when approved, it might be for small increments. 

Message 18 of 22
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Networth wrote:

Did you use the LUV button or go through Credit Solutions?   Many of the Sync CCs seem to have a different high limit from LUV button increases than the actual true high limit.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 19 of 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

My denial letter on my Wal-Mart card also mentioned about a limit on the card and that it couldn't be increased due to this limit. (My card's current CL is 7.5k)
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.