Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart / Discover Card

tag
VinceYoung
Valued Member

Walmart / Discover Card

Which one of the numbers should I call to talk with someone about the walmart discover card?

I applied last night for the Walmart Discover Card and I was instantly approved (it came up as the Walmart Card). I want to call in to see if I can get them to reconsider me for a Discover card instead. I've seen  people with a worse credit score, credit report and less credit history than myself approved for it so I was hoping to use that as leverage.

Starting Score: 637
Current Score: EQ:712 TransRISK: 724
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart / Discover Card

From what I have heard they try approval for discover card first if that doesnt work out by default you are considered for store card...someone chime in if im incorrect pls

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 13
VinceYoung
Valued Member

You are correct. I was hoping to call in to a recon. As I said, I've seen people approved with much worse conditions than mine. 

722 FICO

1y 5m Credit History

100% on time payments

I had a few (intentional) high balances for my credit card 

Util is now 9%

No derogs (ever)

Message 4 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Check the backdoor numbers thread

Good Luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 13
VinceYoung
Valued Member

I had, I am going to try them in a bit, I was just looking to see if anyone had ever been successful and what number they use.

Message 6 of 13
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Let us know how it goes Vince, keep us in the loop. I'm planning on applying again for those later in the week.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 7 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

GE usually doesn't do recons or upgrades lol
Good luck !:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
GE usually doesn't do recons or upgrades lol
Good luck !:-)

Traditionally GE isn't recon friendly, but with the recent CLI's they've been giving it's worth a shot.

Message 9 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The people who give the good clis can't do account upgrades; Ive asked them.

I encourage the op to ask them... Just giving my experience:-)
They are generally a pretty accepting bank; I think this is why they do not allow many exceptions with regard to recons or manual bankcard upgrades.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.