Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart / Discover Card

tag
VinceYoung
Valued Member

Re: Walmart / Discover Card

Um... I'm sorry youngandcreditworthy but I am slightly confused by your reply xD

Good CLIs don't normal allow upgrades. 

Then you say:

I encourage the op (me) to ask them, they are an accepting bank which is why they don't allow recons or upgrades.

Sorry but from how I am reading it (I am heading to bed after this post so it could be exhaustion) you are saying they won't but ask them because of your experience but they won't xD

BTW, I was playing around for the pop up apps (I didn't apply to any I think I might be heading to garden mode!) and I got one for JC, VS, Eddie Bauer, and Buckles xD I might actually apply for the buckles one because I like some of the stuff on their site.

Starting Score: 637
Current Score: EQ:712 TransRISK: 724
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 13
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

There have been many people who have been offered the Walmart/Dicover upgrade from their regular Walmart store card, after a certain amount of time, while maintaining good history with their Walmart card.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
VinceYoung
Valued Member

That is pretty much what I have been told as well. It looks like I will be taking that route. Sadly, I have been told that they will close the store card and open a new one. They said that it "wouldn't affect my credit score" whatsoever but when I asked if it would affect my AAoA I was told, "it won't affect your credit score at all." We will have to see.

Starting Score: 637
Current Score: EQ:712 TransRISK: 724
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.