Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover card question?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart Discover card question?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ya but i'm scared they are going to see 3 new tradelines this month including my car loan and get spooked and close the account after they start posting to the cra.

Did Barclays approve you? I must have misread your previous post saying it was denied. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied but I'm nervous if I recon and they approve that they will see all the new tradelines I opened this month once everything starts posting to the cra's. I don't plan on opening anything else if they do approve me after a recon but i cant do anything since the credit analyst are closed on the weekends.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried to recon with Barclay's the guy asked me some questions then asked me about some history and INQ explained was from car shopping and he said my credit file was to short I explained why but he said I needed to keep doing what I'm doing and let the accounts age a little more.

I have 11 month history with secured card and he seen the capital one card as well on there. Discover and Walmart not posting yet since they are brand spanking new.

I'm happy with what I have and dont plan on apping for anything else. 

Message 13 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Just tried to recon with Barclay's the guy asked me some questions then asked me about some history and INQ explained was from car shopping and he said my credit file was to short I explained why but he said I needed to keep doing what I'm doing and let the accounts age a little more.

I have 11 month history with secured card and he seen the capital one card as well on there. Discover and Walmart not posting yet since they are brand spanking new.

Sorry to hear about the denial.  Guess you could always try to call again and get someone more sympathetic since you already have the HP. 

Or, you could let it go and let your new CC's age .

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about the denial.  Guess you could always try to call again and get someone more sympathetic since you already have the HP. 

Or, you could let it go and let your new CC's age .

Ya it's all good. I'm just going to sit on what I have for now and be grateful for what I was able to get. Hopefully next month I wont have any issues with my Fulton secured card graduating and them giving me a decent starting limit of at least 1k. Capital One will go up to $500 by the 7th statement Discover is at $1500 and Walmart at $800. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
jake619
Frequent Contributor

I'm glad you tried to recon Barclays.  It was painless and at least you got to hear exactly where they feel you stand credit-wise.  I think that kind of information is invaluable when you're declined.  Not too long ago I would have just accepted defeat and moved on.  Sorry you were still declined; that sucks, but 2 for 3 in baseball is a heck of a game.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jake619 wrote:

I'm glad you tried to recon Barclays.  It was painless and at least you got to hear exactly where they feel you stand credit-wise.  I think that kind of information is invaluable when you're declined.  Not too long ago I would have just accepted defeat and moved on.  Sorry you were still declined; that sucks, but 2 for 3 in baseball is a heck of a game.

Thanks and I agree with you completely. I was honest with the credit rep and had no hard feelings about there decision. But I can say it feels good knowing the only thing holding me back now is my aaoa. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.