Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover question

tag
godsentdeath
Established Member

Walmart Discover question

Just got approved for the Walmart Discover. Temporary creit line of $1,900.00. Is the temporary limit the acutal approved limit? Tried to call for recon of CL but since it is Sunday, I fear backdoor number is closed. Do I need the card number to recon the CL?

Also, called to chase and based on HP got CLI increased from $1100 to $10,000. Chase pulled EQ. I live in FL. I expected EX. Denied with CSR for too many pulls (auto loan and EQ took a big hit a few months ago). Credit Analysist got the job done.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover question

@godsentdeath wrote:

Just got approved for the Walmart Discover. Temporary creit line of $1,900.00. Is the temporary limit the acutal approved limit? Tried to call for recon of CL but since it is Sunday, I fear backdoor number is closed. Do I need the card number to recon the CL?

Also, called to chase and based on HP got CLI increased from $1100 to $10,000. Chase pulled EQ. I live in FL. I expected EX. Denied with CSR for too many pulls (auto loan and EQ took a big hit a few months ago). Credit Analysist got the job done.

1900.00 it is Congrats on your new card and the CLI 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 21
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you app'd in store. The temporary credit is the credit line amount you're allowed to use in store until you get the physical card. The temporary credit line is always lower than the actually CL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats to both! The hp with Chase was def worth it!
Message 4 of 21
godsentdeath
Established Member

Thanks all. I found a backdoor number on another credit board which lead me right to an analyst, which was surprising for GECAP at 7:30 east on a Sunday night. Got her to up the limit to 7,500 and then asked for $10,000.00 after that. Got that.. Almost asked for $15k after that but I remember I read something somewhere about GE decreasing CLs for little use.  Mainly wanted the card for the TU FICO, but the 10k CL doesnt suck. With an initial line like that, can I expect decent auto CLI after 4 months of PIF? Decent meaning in the 1k range.

Still thinking of calling again tomorrow to see if I can get more, but don't want to push my luck.

Thanks again for all the info on this site, it has been great.

Message 5 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 21
James82
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP! What are your scores currently? I'd like to apply soon but waiting for my score to increase first. Wondering how long I need to wait.
Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 7 of 21
resilient
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats! I think you've done extremely well.

+100!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 8 of 21
godsentdeath
Established Member

@James82 wrote:
Congrats OP! What are your scores currently? I'd like to apply soon but waiting for my score to increase first. Wondering how long I need to wait.

Thanks!

Credit Seasame (EX) FAKO is 683 as of a week ago.

Credit Karma (TU FAKO) is 710 as of this morning, but 690 last week. I got an unexpected auto CLI from Wells Fargo of $1,500.00 before last statement cut. I also got a $2,500.00 CLI out of Discover, bringing that card to $11,100 CL. Those two items reported this morning and brought the CK score up.

I got an impromptu auto loan in July which pulled EQ, which was about 670. I was not anticipating this loan so score was not optimized at the time. I asked for a CLI from CITI in Aug which was denied. CITI said EQ was 690. Don't know if that is real or internal score. The CLI did not result in a HP. I did pay off 2.5k in debt between the auto loan and the CITI CLI request, so score might have gone up.

Before today's victories, i had 13k in balances out of 40k in credit, roughly 34% UTI. AAOA according to USAA credit monitoring is 4.5 years. CK has AAOA as 3 years 9 months.

I have had a discover card for 6 years and I have a Kanes Furniture card with GECAP since the beginning of this year. I don't know if those played into the approval for the WM Discover.

Income is 78k.

Message 9 of 21
James82
Regular Contributor

Great, thanks!
Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.