Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover question

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover question

Even with a $10k CL you should still receive auto CLIs congrats. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 21
godsentdeath
Established Member

Gears kept churning in my head and i saw a few posts about 20-25k walmart cards. The number I had is a direct line to UW, so I called it again and asked for $17,500.00 It was approved. While I would like to go to 25k, i don't want to risk a review and a CLD. I will let it grow for a while before I ask for that much credit.

All of my walmart pulls exept for the app were softs.

Message 12 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@godsentdeath wrote:

Gears kept churning in my head and i saw a few posts about 20-25k walmart cards. The number I had is a direct line to UW, so I called it again and asked for $17,500.00 It was approved. While I would like to go to 25k, i don't want to risk a review and a CLD. I will let it grow for a while before I ask for that much credit.

All of my walmart pulls exept for the app were softs.

So you asked the the limit be cut?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 21
godsentdeath
Established Member

No, I called on Sunday to recon my initial $1900 CL to $7,500, and then to 10k. I called again tonight and got it up to $17,500.

I thought about asking for 20 or 25k, but opted against it.

Message 14 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats! and yeah use it here and there and PIF. CLI are unpredicatble they can be of $100 or $2000. Thats a great CL,

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 15 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@godsentdeath wrote:

No, I called on Sunday to recon my initial $1900 CL to $7,500, and then to 10k. I called again tonight and got it up to $17,500.

I thought about asking for 20 or 25k, but opted against it.

Good move not a good idea to keep poking that bear before you get the card not to mention they are reducing some peoples limits because of selling that division and going public with an IPO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah dont poke me or else a heard  bears are gonna appear in your front yard.....hahha JK

Message 17 of 21
James82
Regular Contributor

What exactly did you say to UW to get them to up your CL?
Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 18 of 21
godsentdeath
Established Member

Both times I told them the same thing.

Told them I was just approved on Sunday, I havent gotten the card yet, but I wanted to see if they could raise my CL. I told them I would like additional credit for the upcoming holiday season. They asked how much I wanted and on the second call, after having gotten 10k on the first call, I asked for 17.5k. They said it would be a soft pull, asked income, and put me on hold. approved what I asked for.

Message 19 of 21
godsentdeath
Established Member

Got the card yesterday. Registered and signed up for online billing. Signed up for transunion fico. Got a pleasent surpise. TU fico is 730. My 8.9k chase CLI still isnt reporting, so I assume I should see a bump once that happens.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.