Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover soon to be MC

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Walmart Discover soon to be MC

Not sure if this has been discussed here but I learn that Wally will be phasing out the Discover and offering the MasterCard version of their card now.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover soon to be MC

If I remember right the switch for current card members take place August 22

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i am sad the new wally mc isn't as awesome as the sams club version , i would actually take an new TL for that new mc card if it were the same as sams club one 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 18
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

i am sad the new wally mc isn't as awesome as the sams club version , i would actually take an new TL for that new mc card if it were the same as sams club one 

Yep, I got my statement, and the new MC is only going to have 1% rewards, not as good as the tiers on the Sams MC.

I almost wish I could just swap out my Sams-only card for the Sams MC, and my Walmart Discover for the Wamlart store. (sigh)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Yep, I got my statement, and the new MC is only going to have 1% rewards, not as good as the tiers on the Sams MC.

I almost wish I could just swap out my Sams-only card for the Sams MC, and my Walmart Discover for the Wamlart store. (sigh)

At least it's going to be better than the .25% tiered to 1% Discover card. It starts at 1%.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

At least it's going to be better than the .25% tiered to 1% Discover card. It starts at 1%.

I think it would be last card in my wallet I would use lol . no reason I wouldn't use my CSP instead of Walmart mc/discover 😁

Message 6 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I wonder if there will be any effort made to move more people from the store card to the new MC version.  Perhaps as part of the launch or as a promotion.

Message 7 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I wonder if there will be any effort made to move more people from the store card to the new MC version.  Perhaps as part of the launch or as a promotion.

I know most people's situations will be different but for an 1% card i probably wont switch over, which will cost me a new TL, that could potentially mess up my AAOA. 

Message 8 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I know most people's situations will be different but for an 1% card i probably wont switch over, which will cost me a new TL, that could potentially mess up my AAOA. 

Good point.  I wonder if the new trade line policy will remain the same?  I also wonder if the closed account is listed as closed at consumers request or closed by grantor?

Message 9 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Good point.  I wonder if the new trade line policy will remain the same?  I also wonder if the closed account is listed as closed at consumers request or closed by grantor?

That i don't know, but a new TL for that card would be a no go for me, especially since i wouldn't ever use it at walmart. Probably would be freedom for the UR points or qs/fid amex for the 1.5%+ cashback. Its just not for me :-)

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.