Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover to Walmart Mastercard

tag
Mistykins777
Established Member

Re: Walmart Discover to Walmart Mastercard

Coldnmn, how did you go about getting your Sams card changed from store credit to the credit card? I currently have the Walmart Discover and Sams credit card but would like to try and switch to the actual credit card if possible. I'm not sure if I should apply again or call and see if they can switch cards? Thanks for any info!

Message 11 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

My Sam's started as the Discover. To product change from store card to credit card is by invitation only. My Walmart card started as a $700 store card when I product changed from store to Discover by invitation it was a new trade line. The product change from Sam's Discover to Sam's Mastercard didn't result in new trade line.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 15
Mistykins777
Established Member

Thank you for the info Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 15
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Mistykins777 wrote:

Coldnmn, how did you go about getting your Sams card changed from store credit to the credit card? I currently have the Walmart Discover and Sams credit card but would like to try and switch to the actual credit card if possible. I'm not sure if I should apply again or call and see if they can switch cards? Thanks for any info!

As Coldnmn stated, it's by invitation only.  I closed my original Walmart store card (opened in March 2013) in July 2013.  The same day (within 5 minutes of closing), I applied for Walmart card again and was given the Walmart Discover.  Now you may not want the HP, but for me it was on TU so I wasn't worried about it.  My credit limit stayed the same ($800) in July 2013, but it has since grown to $6,000.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

no way ?

We cannot automatically change your current credit card into a MasterCard credit card.  You would have to apply either at your local Walmart store or online at www.walmart.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Account is owned by Synchrony Bank

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.