Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO

tag
jennaxx
Valued Member

Re: Walmart FICO

What is this about ? If you get approved for the Walmart/GE credit card, you can get your updated actual FICO score every month ? I got a pre-approval thing in the mail from them in early December but I missed the deadline to apply because my dad had a heart attack. If they sent me a pre-approval already I could probably apply and be approved. BUt I am intereste din hearing more about this. It's good stuff.

EQ 678 FICO on 2/4/13 EX FAKO (Quizzle) 639 on 2/8/13
TU FAKO (CK) 627 on 2/8/13 EX FAKO CS 737 on 2/15/13
Lender Pull 02/21/13 TU 684 EXP 730 EQ 678
SW alert on 02/22/13 EQ 688
Lender Pull (New car) 10/05/13 761
Message 41 of 50
starry1
Valued Contributor

Yes, WalMart gives you a free fico every month if you get the card and then sign up for paperless billing.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 42 of 50
jennaxx
Valued Member

and it's an actual FICO ?

EQ 678 FICO on 2/4/13 EX FAKO (Quizzle) 639 on 2/8/13
TU FAKO (CK) 627 on 2/8/13 EX FAKO CS 737 on 2/15/13
Lender Pull 02/21/13 TU 684 EXP 730 EQ 678
SW alert on 02/22/13 EQ 688
Lender Pull (New car) 10/05/13 761
Message 43 of 50
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Yes, TU08 FICO

Message 44 of 50
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@jennaxx wrote:

It's an actual FICO, but using a newer model than the one most lenders (or MyFico) use. So there will still be differences between it and other TU scores.

Message 45 of 50
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@jennaxx wrote:

It's an actual FICO, but using a newer model than the one most lenders (or MyFico) use. So there will still be differences between it and other TU scores.

Mortgage lenders true.  I strongly suspect the vast majority of national lenders in their credit cards have moved on to '08 and likely Bankcard-enhanced as well.  My Walmart FICO is markedly higher with a worse report than my EQ '04 here; I was stunned and amazed at my recent CC approvals until I saw the Wally score, which is far easier to explain how I managed to garner two Amex approvals over the last few months which were frankly a Hail Mary and an utterly laughable application respectively judging from the EQ and TU scores found here.

In all fairness to the wonderful service provided here, I'd much rather have an '08 than a '98 FICO model, though '04 is where it's at for me as mortgage > all for me these days.

        
Message 46 of 50
myjourney
Super Contributor

+1 .....08

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 47 of 50
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

I have been having to "re-enroll" since I started in Dec. 2012. However, even though the date always updates, the score itself has not changed for me. Meanwhile, every other site I check (Creditkarma, et al) has changed scores monthly. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 48 of 50
myjourney
Super Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

I have been having to "re-enroll" since I started in Dec. 2012. However, even though the date always updates, the score itself has not changed for me. Meanwhile, every other site I check (Creditkarma, et al) has changed scores monthly. 

It only updates once a month

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 49 of 50
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

The original premise of this thread is kind of moot now because we are waaay past the date in question. I logged in for the first time to the service and got my score fine. My info doesn't help empirically really cause it was the first time and thus I cant tell if my graph got erased cause i had no graph before. Oh well. I dont wanna look at my score anyway cause its so bad. Just gardenning here.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.