Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Free TU Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Free TU Score

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Walmart card for the free monthly score. Is it just a score or is it a credit report? Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Free TU Score

Just the score
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 2 of 11
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous_pimp_pickle wrote:
Just the score

You could always use Credit Karma to monitor the general items on your report (# Inquiries, Utilization, Accounts Reporting, etc...).  The score on Credit Karma is a FAKO, but the information has always been accurate for me.  So it may be perfect to match up with the FICO from Walmart...Just a suggestion.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icetrap06 wrote:

@Anonymous_pimp_pickle wrote:
Just the score

You could always use Credit Karma to monitor the general items on your report (# Inquiries, Utilization, Accounts Reporting, etc...).  The score on Credit Karma is a FAKO, but the information has always been accurate for me.  So it may be perfect to match up with the FICO from Walmart...Just a suggestion.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. Just not sure if I want to take the HP.

Message 4 of 11
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

My CK and my Walmart scores are light yars apart.

Message 5 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

Ditto. They aren't even close to one another. FAKO is garbage. Just another way to try to extract revenue from consumers.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 6 of 11
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@obageegee wrote:

Ditto. They aren't even close to one another. FAKO is garbage. Just another way to try to extract revenue from consumers.

Especially because Walmart and CK charge you so much. Smiley Indifferent

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

@obageegee wrote:

Especially because Walmart and CK charge you so much. Smiley Indifferent

CK generates ad revenue from your site visits and referral fees when you click through on their handy "suggestions". It's a marketing site.

Remember, if you aren't the customer (and nobody getting something for free is a customer), you're the product.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 8 of 11
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

You can also send for a free report from TU, the other two are free as well, under the FCRA.

Message 9 of 11
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

I like the Wal-Mart card. I get the TU FICO score each month and they had a great promo going a few months before Christmas. They were giving card members 15 cents off per gallon of gas. I'm not worried about the interest rate because I pay it off each month. Mostly used to fill the car with gas.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.