cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Increase-stepbystep

tag

Walmart Increase-stepbystep

Sitting at 1,100 limit with Walmart CC.

Called backdoor number provided by the forum, more specifically CotySinz (thank you!).

Spoke with a lady that after two rings and she said "Hello?"

I said I hoped I reached the correct place, I'm looking to get an increase for my Walmart credit card limit.

She, not providing name or department name, title, anything,

"Well let me see how I can help you. Please provide me your mailing address, last 4 of social, and individual net income."

After I provided all of that I thought I'd have a chance to say why I wanted an increase before giving her the amount I want,

but she just asked what I wanted, and I asked for 2.9k to get me to 4k that would slightly beat my Discover.

Held for 3 minutes. She came back and asked me to wait 2 more minutes.

Once she came back she said "a letter will be sent out explaining why", and right as she said that I thought I got denied completely,

"we could not provide your requested amount but have made your limit $2200. You should receive your letter in 7-10 days. Anything else?

Thank you for calling Walmart Credit something (i can't remember)"

The End

So...for my first backdoor number call to get an increase, I think that's alright. I honestly knew I wouldn't have them match my Discover since

my util is outrageous, but I'm really glad they could double my limit.

Sorry to all of you who weren't expecting a novel, but I'm very happy with the experience I had, and will be posting a new question here

in response to my new limit.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Increase-stepbystep

Good job!

Message 2 of 15
Croselx
Contributor

Nice job! Good to know that they counter you on the same call if the requested amount is considered too high for your current credit profile. I have my first CLI due on Feb 5 and hope to double my limit (or higher) as well.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 3 of 15
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Congratz!! Its always nice to get an increase...i probably called them 20 times the past month to increase my walmart but they wont budge..lol ..last increase was october and its only a 7 month old card...started @500 .. I think they already know my name..lol

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 15

Well I hope both of your future CLI's go as great, if not greater, than my first call today! Now I have to decide something that maybe everyone can help me with.

I have my 6th month statement ending in three days for my Citi Simplicity.

I am wanting to get an increase on that card as well.

Will this limit increase today for my WM card help my chances of seeing maybe double my 1600 on my Citi card?

OH! I was going to ask everyone. She said right before she put me on hold she would have to look at my credit profile.

Is this considered hard or soft for this backdoor number I called for my Walmart card?

Message 5 of 15
daveg38
Established Contributor

While number is considered 'backdoor' on the list? Credit analysts or what?

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 6 of 15

800-480-0205 (personal accounts) is the official backdoor for personal lines, I guess.

I dug around these forums for 2 hours last night seeing what many other people called and those two

underwriter numbers provided on the forum list a lot of members said didn't take them anywhere but to

automated systems. I didn't even think to call them after CotySinz assured me that the number above

is the correct one.

Message 7 of 15
daveg38
Established Contributor

Thank you + 100!

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 8 of 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 15
Involus
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the increase. Sorry you didn't get what you requested but you still doubled your credit limit. Smiley Happy Hopefully that helps a bit with util% and help you get approved for you Citi CLI - just remember to wait until your reports update before you request Citi unless your confident you'll get it without the reported CLI.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.