Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Recon For A CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Recon For A CLI?

Was recently approved for a Walmart card with a $600.00 limit. How are they for bumping the limit up a little after you just receive the card?  I'd like to take advanage of their no interest for 18 months offer for an iPad but... I need a few hundred more to do that. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Recon For A CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Was recently approved for a Walmart card with a $600.00 limit. How are they for bumping the limit up a little after you just receive the card?  I'd like to take advanage of their no interest for 18 months offer for an iPad but... I need a few hundred more to do that. 

there are success stories of early CLI's, but they (GE) are good about CLI's every 4mths or so. It's worth a try. I think it's only a SP either way.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 7
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walter Recon For A CLI?

Soft pull increases every 4 months 

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 7
gettnthere
Established Contributor

yes its possible. i just recently obtained the card and the day it came in i called U/W and got them to pull up the report they used for approval process and got a real nice bump! def. worth a shot. id do it, worse they can say is no lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Thats great news 2 know. 5 days ago I got aproved. Waiting on the card myself

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried the # on the card. A few questions and got shot down. Mileage may vary. I've been approved for a number of things lately so that might have some bearing on it. Oh well, there is always the Target card and get 5% off. Plus, I'll search for Target discounts that might be able to be used with that!  Or, I should be able to pay for some in cash and use my card for the rest.  I'll still see if I can find a Walmart discount to put towards it too.

Message 6 of 7
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried the # on the card. A few questions and got shot down. Mileage may vary. I've been approved for a number of things lately so that might have some bearing on it. Oh well, there is always the Target card and get 5% off. Plus, I'll search for Target discounts that might be able to be used with that!  Or, I should be able to pay for some in cash and use my card for the rest.  I'll still see if I can find a Walmart discount to put towards it too.

Check PM Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.