Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Well i have no ideal what choice a acct is. So i just called wal-mart csr and believe it or not they dont know either

Yeah so right allot of the time the CSR be clueless there just there to answer the phone lol
Message 11 of 46
laz98
Senior Contributor

Is GE Money Bank any good? Are they stingy? Are they nice? Do you know how they are about CLIs or CLDs? I know absolutely nothing about them.

they are STINGY!!!  we have a mervyns card, & they won't give us a CLI no matter what.  stuck at $500 for the rest of our lives, i guess.

Message 12 of 46
JayBeast
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The CL is $400 and it says "Type of Account: Choice A" -- does ANYONE know what that means?? Does "Choice A" define the type of credit (sub-prime, prime, average)???

Anyone know???

Choice A refers to the APR on the card.  The terms and conditions of the card have three tiered APRs.  The terms and conditions do not refer to A, B, C, but rather Premier, Preferred and Choice.  The terms and conditions can be found here.

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayBeast wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The CL is $400 and it says "Type of Account: Choice A" -- does ANYONE know what that means?? Does "Choice A" define the type of credit (sub-prime, prime, average)???

Anyone know???

Choice A refers to the APR on the card. The terms and conditions of the card have three tiered APRs. The terms and conditions do not refer to A, B, C, but rather Premier, Preferred and Choice. The terms and conditions can be found here.

Ah. So do I assume that DH got the "Choice Account" (since it said "Choice A") for 19.87%?

I'd assume that if his were "Premier" it might have said something to the effect of "Type of Account: Premier A?"

It never showed us exactly WHAT our APR was beyond the T&C page. Or at least if it did, we missed it. :/
Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an alert from TrueCredit -- Walmart pulled TU only (so far -- who knows what it will say by Tuesday!!).

Least that explains how DH qualified for it ... TU is his best FICO (@648)!!
Message 15 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Hey Wonderin, do you know if Wal-Mart pulls different CR for different people?  I just applied and they only pulled EQ.  I'm happy about that 'cause that's my highest FICO score.  But I didn't get an instant approval.  Do they do those? 
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got an alert from TrueCredit -- Walmart pulled TU only (so far -- who knows what it will say by Tuesday!!).

Least that explains how DH qualified for it ... TU is his best FICO (@648)!!

That's weird i guess u where in that 1%
Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@almost_there wrote:
Hey Wonderin, do you know if Wal-Mart pulls different CR for different people? 

I wouldn't say different people in different areas they may pull from  different CRA.

Message 18 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

@almost_there wrote:
Hey Wonderin, do you know if Wal-Mart pulls different CR for different people? 

I wouldn't say different people in different areas they may pull from  different CRA.

Oh, okay.  Thanks, but since I didn't get instant approval, should I figure I've been denied? 

11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 19 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Walmart is infamous for going into limbo if there is some part of your ID they can't confirm. They won't tell you this, and by the time you figure it out, they say it's too late, and you have to re-apply.

I would call and ask if there is some info they need from you. Among other things, I remember that they will deny if you use a cell phone number or something silly like that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.