Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Um, you have 140k in student loan debt. I'm assuming thats why they didn't approve you especially during these bad economic times.

Not true. I have $100,000 in student loan debt and they approved me for $500 storecard.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a walmart store card with a CL of 700 had a EQ score of 655 which droped to 648 after they reported my account to EQ. Score should go up with my util droping from 53% to 34% after they report once I use the card. I also have a 3 year old Bk and owe 40k in student loans. I got the choice A thingy with an apr of 19.87%
Message 32 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

I got a denial email today saying they were unable to verify my identity.  I called in very irate as I'd called twice to verify my info.  The woman I spoke to in the fraud dept said they couldn't verify my phone number.  We deduced b/c I have a private phone number, which is assinine.  I was so pissed by the end of the phone call.  I've had this phone number for 6 years and prefer it private.  In order to get a Wal-Mart card, seems I'd have to let the whole world know my phone number.  This company sucks.  I've never heard of something so idiotic. 
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@almost_there wrote:
I got a denial email today saying they were unable to verify my identity.  I called in very irate as I'd called twice to verify my info.  The woman I spoke to in the fraud dept said they couldn't verify my phone number.  We deduced b/c I have a private phone number, which is assinine.  I was so pissed by the end of the phone call.  I've had this phone number for 6 years and prefer it private.  In order to get a Wal-Mart card, seems I'd have to let the whole world know my phone number.  This company sucks.  I've never heard of something so idiotic. 

And they couldn't see the number you were calling from to try to verify it as well? Don't most company's phone systems show the number calling in? 

Message 34 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Apparently not.  I'm so pissed beyond belief.  It's such a bs reason. 
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard someone say you have put your home number on your application when you apply. I used my Cell phone number when i applied for Wal-Mart & Sam's an i was approved.
Message 36 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

I guess they could verify your cell.  Unfortunately, I don't have a cell.  Oh well.  I'm getting over it...
Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@almost_there wrote:
I guess they could verify your cell.  Unfortunately, I don't have a cell.  Oh well.  I'm getting over it...

How could the not be able to verify a phone number they could have just called you right back to make sure you lived there.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-09-2008 12:27 PM
Message 38 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

It didn't seem like that was an option...

They just kept saying it was for my security.  Ha!

Message Edited by almost_there on 10-09-2008 10:32 AM
Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a bogus reason for denial. Our phone number is unlisted as well, and both DH and I were approved for Walmart store cards in late 2006. 
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.