Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card

tag
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card

Is your phone number also listed on your credit report?  They said they couldn't verify the info with the credit agency?  And now that I look at it, Equifax doesn't have my phone number listed. 
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's listed on all my CRs.  So maybe you should add it to your reports for future apps... still seems crazy to me, since there are so many other pieces of information they could verify against your CR to make sure 'you' are 'you'.

Message 42 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

How's this for a kick in the head?  I called Equifax today to add my phone number to the file, and they said only a creditor could do that.  Not a nobody like me... Unbelievable. Ugh!
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@almost_there wrote:
How's this for a kick in the head? I called Equifax today to add my phone number to the file, and they said only a creditor could do that. Not a nobody like me... Unbelievable. Ugh!

Wrong!!! Booger-y CSR!!

Go to the CRAs and start a dispute (you're not actually going to dispute anything). Once you've reached the dispute page, you'll see an area that displays your name, addy, PHONE NUMBER, employer, etc. Just type in your telephone number and save it. Don't actually dispute anything, of course.

That's what WE did. And it worked!!
Message 44 of 46
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Cool.  Thanks. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@almost_there wrote:
How's this for a kick in the head? I called Equifax today to add my phone number to the file, and they said only a creditor could do that. Not a nobody like me... Unbelievable. Ugh!

Wrong!!! Booger-y CSR!!

Go to the CRAs and start a dispute (you're not actually going to dispute anything). Once you've reached the dispute page, you'll see an area that displays your name, addy, PHONE NUMBER, employer, etc. Just type in your telephone number and save it. Don't actually dispute anything, of course.

That's what WE did. And it worked!!

Message 45 of 46
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

In the Spring, I got, I think, 6 GE Money cards.  For every one of them, they pulled TU!  I think I got them all in late March/early April.  Tonight I finally asked for a CLI on most of them.  I got an instatnt $75.00 on the Walmart... up to $575, but declined on JC Penney, Amazon Store Credit and Pay Paly Buyers.  I do not get that. I had some terrible problems with identity verification when applying for these cards, and I am wondering if they are all so linked that once I got the Walmart increase, their system figured I had already gotten GMoney increase and so am no eligible for another one for 4 months.  Who knows .. I will see what the letters say when they come in.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.