Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart & Amazon decline

tag
cappaccinodagreat
Valued Member

Walmart & Amazon decline

Just needed someplace to vent.  Rebuilding credit, but Amazon & walmart dont want to help. I got the 7 to 10 day message on Amazon........ I was sad, but figured I would try Walmart since I hear it is easy to get.  Well I got the same message there too. I called 877-379-8173 to see if there was maybe an identity confirmation needed. I was promptly told that both applications came back declined. I was also told that the only thing I could do was re-apply at another time. Smiley Sad

In the last few months, I have opened 2 different Cap 1 credit cards with $500 credit lines & a Wells Fargo auto loan for $13K. The worst part is that I was really only applying in order to have a lower percentage of credit usage. I really didnt plan on using those cards often.......... and now i have 2 more hard credit pulls.

Disappointing

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart & Amazon decline

@cappaccinodagreat wrote:

Just needed someplace to vent.  Rebuilding credit, but Amazon & walmart dont want to help. I got the 7 to 10 day message on Amazon........ I was sad, but figured I would try Walmart since I hear it is easy to get.  Well I got the same message there too. I called 877-379-8173 to see if there was maybe an identity confirmation needed. I was promptly told that both applications came back declined. I was also told that the only thing I could do was re-apply at another time. Smiley Sad

In the last few months, I have opened 2 different Cap 1 credit cards with $500 credit lines & a Wells Fargo auto loan for $13K. The worst part is that I was really only applying in order to have a lower percentage of credit usage. I really didnt plan on using those cards often.......... and now i have 2 more hard credit pulls.

Disappointing

Best thing you can do is garden your new accounts now Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@cappaccinodagreat wrote:

Disappointing

Hi!  Welcome to myFICO community forums!

I'm guessing that your utilization on existing accounts was high?

That is by far the worst time to apply for new credit.  The best time to apply for a new card is when you don't need it and your utilization is low.

Best advice is to pay down your balances on other cards before you reapply 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
cappaccinodagreat
Valued Member

Actually, my utilization is about 21%. I have to think that the reason was that I have had too many inquiries or they are frowning upon the fact that I have had a few accounts opened recently. Guess it looks bad.

Either way, i gusee I will lay low for a while. At this rate, its going to take at least a year to get into the 700's, maybe 2.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.