Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart & Sam's Club... Favorite Benefits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart & Sam's Club... Favorite Benefits

Ok, so... What are your favorite benefits of having a Walmart/Sam's Club card, if any?

I like the fact that they are inter-operable and I can ask for up to a $100 withdrawl in either store.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart & Sam's Club... Favorite Benefits

The only reason I got my Walmart card was to get the 0% financing on a new set of tires for my van.  I've used it one other time for a big shopping trip.  Otherwise it's useless to me, there are no Walmart Gas stations to get 2% at and I hate the Walmart website which is the only place that give 3%.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 2 of 32
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I can’t see any benefits at all, for me
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 32
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I use my cards alot, but there's really not much benefit for me.

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received my Sam's Club card yet but I think it doesn't have FTF. A huge plus and probably the best one imo

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you cannot qualify for blispay deferred interest option with the Walmart and or Sam's Club is a big one. It's comparing apples to oranges if you think anytime you need a 0% interest rate just to go out and apply for a new bank card as not everyone is in that position and it is not always the wisest thing to do, sure is fun though
Message 6 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got my Sam's Club MC for the 3% cash back on restaurants and travel and 5% back on gas. 

I was expecting more promotions... so far the only thing that's come along is promotional financing for mattresses.  I keep thinking they'll eventually have a financing promo for tires but so far they haven't (or if they have, I've not been targeted for it).

That said, it is nice to be able to get cash back at the register... very handy to be able to bypass the ATM.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I got my Sam's Club MC for the 3% cash back on restaurants and travel and 5% back on gas. 

I was expecting more promotions... so far the only thing that's come along is promotional financing for mattresses.  I keep thinking they'll eventually have a financing promo for tires but so far they haven't (or if they have, I've not been targeted for it).

That said, it is nice to be able to get cash back at the register... very handy to be able to bypass the ATM.  Smiley Happy

They don't have promotional financing on SC for just the total of the purcahse like Walmart? And yes nowadays the only reason I keep my two cards is for the QuickCash option. No ATM fees and no immediate interest charges is a win-win in my book.

Message 8 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't received my Sam's Club card yet but I think it doesn't have FTF. A huge plus and probably the best one imo

Good point!  Smiley Happy

It's not a CSR or an Amex Platinum, but it's really not a terrible card to travel with.  No FTF and 3% cash back on hotel and restaurants is actually pretty good!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

They don't have promotional financing on SC for just the total of the purcahse like Walmart? And yes nowadays the only reason I keep my two cards is for the QuickCash option. No ATM fees and no immediate interest charges is a win-win in my book.

Not that I'm aware of.  Smiley Frustrated

(I would be thrilled to find out I'm mistaken on this.)

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.