tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Walmart balance frustrations

Message 11 of 21
meesh6036
Contributor

Mine has done that for the last two months, I make micro payments. They have all cleared my bank and are reflected in the balance but not the available credit. 

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 12 of 21
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

alot of people have reported this on here. also with the walmart discover. 

i send a payment via bank bill pay, and same day it posts and is avaliable to use. 

ive had my card since july though. 

+1 using Bill Pay is best......

Creditors cannot hold Electronic Payments....They must be posted/credited on date recieved....NO IF's AND's or BUT's....its Federal Policy. Just like how Direct Deposit's must be made available in your Checking/Savings Account on the Date and Time recieved.

Message 13 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

i send a payment via bank bill pay, and same day it posts and is avaliable to use. 

Creditors cannot hold Electronic Payments....They must be posted/credited on date recieved....NO IF's AND's or BUT's....its Federal Policy. Just like how Direct Deposit's must be made available in your Checking/Savings Account on the Date and Time recieved.

Hmmm are you sure? I know this is off topic but my direct deposit on USAA posts 1 day before my direct deposit on Chase on my paycheck, Chase posts on my actually pay day

Message 14 of 21
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

Hmmm are you sure? I know this is off topic but my direct deposit on USAA posts 1 day before my direct deposit on Chase on my paycheck, Chase posts on my actually pay day

Well some institutions do recieve the funds earlier than they should so they post..No one going to complain about getting paid early, but if your check was scheduled to be available on a certan day and your bank is holding it that would against the law. Now if your whole account is frozen thats another story.

ACH tranfers cannot be held thats what Direct Deposit and Bill Pay travel through to reach their destinations..

Message 15 of 21
InfamousRSX
New Contributor

i mean when done via their website, i asked and they said they put holds on payment for a few months when the account is new. balance may update, but the available credit will not update until they release the payment.

Message 16 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Putting holds must be something new. I never had a hold placed on my payments when my account was new.
Message 17 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

Well some institutions do recieve the funds earlier than they should so they post..No one going to complain about getting paid early, but if your check was scheduled to be available on a certan day and your bank is holding it that would against the law. Now if your whole account is frozen thats another story.

ACH tranfers cannot be held thats what Direct Deposit and Bill Pay travel through to reach their destinations..

Sorry just seeing your reply so therer not required to show it the date they recieved it I guess just the date it is scheduled to be available makes sense

and yes I am off topic

Message 18 of 21
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Same thing happened on my wife's card this month. I paid the balance in full from our checking account on the Walmart/GE website and noticed after 6 Days that the balance ($0) was reporting but the available credit still showed as if the payment had not been applied. I contacted a rep and was told that my payment was on hold due to the fact that it was a large payment ($138.00) huh????? I kindly explained that the funds had already cleared my checking account. The rep asked me to fax in my bank statement showing that the funds had been withdrawn from my checking account before they would release the funds on the Walmart card. Not impressed!!
Message 19 of 21
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

When I used their website to pay they have put holds on the payment.  I beleive that it was held for well over a week.  From that point I used my banks bill pay and haven't had an issue since.  I don't know how to make any sense out of their payment processing because I've read that people using their bill pay still get holds placed on their account.  They are a strange beast that's for sure.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.