Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart billing is so slow....

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Walmart billing is so slow....

Has anyone else experienced this with GE backed cards.   I make a purchase, it's pending for a week, I can finally make a payment, it's pending for a week, payment is made and the available balance is pending for a week.  Seems like it takes a month for the payments to complete.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart billing is so slow....

Billing is super slow with my GE amazon account. I haven't tested Walmart Discover yet. I haven't had any problem with GE Ashley or GE Living Spaces. Those two accounts have been pretty fast with billing and account updates. Maybe they are updating the system?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

its kinda slow but not so bad. (i push payments through my bank) usually posts in 3 days unless its a weekend) 

for me its the ge statements. 

payment due sep1st no statement until the 9th/10th. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made payment in full on 10/10/2012 still waiting for it to post to walmart card,  money from my checking was gone on the 11th. They are super slow for whatever reason, prob cause they are walmart, have not you ever seen how slow the checkers are.......1+1=2

Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this with GE backed cards.   I make a purchase, it's pending for a week, I can finally make a payment, it's pending for a week, payment is made and the available balance is pending for a week.  Seems like it takes a month for the payments to complete.

Yes.

This is why i stopped making purchases late in billing cycles, t've been screwed a few times with balances reporting because their site lags.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Same. They did this to me as we'll with my very first statement and then after that they mid cycle reported on me. If they keep it up ill SD the card during my rebuild.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

They actually show pending transactions now for me. Payments clear in 2-3 business days.  Not so bad compared to US Bank.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 12
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Yes, PIF'd and it took a whole week for them to update my account. 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 12
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Yes, but they sure do report quickly when you first get it & I hear their CLI are the best. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

The card reported before I even received it in the mail, but yes, it seems nearly every payment takes 6-7 days to process and its really annoying b/c I submitted a payment before the cut date and it was pending for so long that it ended up reporting a balance on the card for this month even though it was PIF.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.