Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart credit card

So I been seeing that Walmart has 3% cash back for using their credit card... My question are:

1. Are they worth having?

2. And if so, which CRA do they pull from?

3. And for those of you of have them what was your score and How much was your SL?

4. And Is it a soft pull for CLI?

5. How long did you have card b4 first increase, how much was that increase?

6. And what is your limit as of today?

Thanks in advance for everyone's reply.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart credit card

@Anonymous wrote:
So I been seeing that Walmart has 3% cash back for using their credit card... My question are:

1. Are they worth having? Yes, if you shop frequently at Walmart, IMO.

2. And if so, which CRA do they pull from? TransUnion.

3. And for those of you of have them what was your score and How much was your SL? Around 646 as of June 2017, I started with a $1200 SL.

4. And Is it a soft pull for CLI? Yes

5. How long did you have card b4 first increase, how much was that increase? Approximately 5 months, $2300 CLI to $3500.

6. And what is your limit as of today? $5000 since last month.

My answers in red above. I'd also add that the 3% cash back is for online purchases at Walmart.com. The Walmart Store Card is a "3/2/1" card, where you get 3% for purchases online at the store site, 2% for gas purchases at Walmart's gas stations (Murphy USA, I think) and 1% for in-store purchases. Be advised, however, that every so often Walmart runs promos where they offer 3% for in-store purchases if you use the card via the Walmart Pay app at checkout.

Message 2 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3. And for those of you of have them what was your score and How much was your SL? Around 646 as of June 2017, I started with a $1200 SL.

5. How long did you have card b4 first increase, how much was that increase? Approximately 5 months, $2300 CLI to $3500.

My answers in red above. I'd also add that the 3% cash back is for online purchases at Walmart.com. The Walmart Store Card is a "3/2/1" card, where you get 3% for purchases online at the store site, 2% for gas purchases at Walmart's gas stations (Murphy USA, I think) and 1% for in-store purchases. Be advised, however, that every so often Walmart runs promos where they offer 3% for in-store purchases if you use the card via the Walmart Pay app at checkout.

I agree with your points, I regularly shop at Walmart as for most groceries they're significantly less than the grocery chain in my small city east of Tucson. The current promo is 3% cashback rewards in store when paying with the Walmart card with Walmart Pay, the mobile pay included in the Walmart mobile app. But be careful, the first time I used Walmart Pay I also had a Visa card in my payment methods and it charged that instead of my Walmart card, so now I only keep my Walmart card in my payment methods. And they regularly have other promos, a few months ago I had a targeted email offer of $10 cashback for charging on the card 3 times within the billing cycle.

Message 3 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes, especially since my GF discovered she can use it to order groceries online and pick them up. Very convenient and makes shopping much easier on a tight schedule.

SL was $2kish for five minutes. Called in after app and asked for $10k. It's been at $10k since. For the first year it wasn't used much. Now into the second year, this card is used a lot!
I'm thinking of calling in and asking for $15k.

The cash back is no hassle and automatically credited.
Message 4 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Yes, especially since my GF discovered she can use it to order groceries online and pick them up. Very convenient and makes shopping much easier on a tight schedule.

SL was $2kish for five minutes. Called in after app and asked for $10k. It's been at $10k since. For the first year it wasn't used much. Now into the second year, this card is used a lot!

Yes, the cashback is credited at the statement closing. But that's the one thing about the Walmart card, it makes it hard to PIF before the statement, if you do you end up with a credit balance from the cashback credit.

Message 5 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yes, the cashback is credited at the statement closing. But that's the one thing about the Walmart card, it makes it hard to PIF before the statement, if you do you end up with a credit balance from the cashback credit.

Yeah, never really worried about paying before statements. We just pay by due date. Or allow the auto pay to take care of it.

Message 6 of 8
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Yes, even though I am not a regular Walmart shopper, I enjoy being about to use the special 0% financing offers for large purchases.  Being able to get cash back at the register is nice also, saves a trip to the ATM.

2. Transunion

3. Barely got in,  TU score I believe was 635, maybe. Approved May 2017 with a 400 SL.  Approved same day for the Amazon store card with 600 SL.

4. Yes, sp on cli's

5.  Have only received one cli in March 2018.  Asked for 5000 via luv button, they counter-offered 3500.  I accepted. At time of cli my  TU score was 641.

6. Still at 3500. Subsequent requests have been denied but my TU score hasn't moved much since March.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your input.

I really appreciate the DP.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.