Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart credit card

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Walmart credit card

I have a walmart credit card that i barely use are they good at giving credit limit increases? Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart credit card

@razzy116 wrote:

I have a walmart credit card that i barely use are they good at giving credit limit increases? Thank you and be safe.

No!

Message 2 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

The search function provided over 5000 results for this topic. A very useful tool that quite effectively answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I have it also and I max it out twice a month and pay it down to zero by statement date. Still can't get a increase, I should've went with the Amazon card. 

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 4 of 7
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Besides the 5% back rewards, I dislike it.  I can't get a penny out of them besides the original limit and since most of my CLI request declines are for "too little use", I refuse to go on a Walmart shopping spree just to see if I can get a CLI (only shop there a few times a year)

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, but that is pretty normal for Capital One. I am closing mine when it hits the anniversary in a month. I don't find much use for it after not getting 5% with Walmart Pay anymore. Especially since they don't really like to give CLI's.

Message 6 of 7
JamP
Valued Contributor

The card is useful for the 5% at Walmart stores with Walmart pay and online for the first year.

After that, I have yet to see if Cap1 will offer the 6 or 12-month financing around Christmas. If not then it will be sock drawered forever. This is a store card that was never offered an upgrade.

If we didn't have Savor cards for restaurants and such with no AF, we would be done with Capital One especially after the last CLD. Hard to understand when you swipe a card 30+ times a month and still get a CLD. Our Cabelas card never gets used (50 cent charge every 3 to 6 months on Amazon) and it survived CLD.

The Huntington Voice gives 3% at Walmart stores unless ours got grandfathered in. If AOD and USAlliance stick around at 3% this card might be on the chopping block. The funny thing is we haven't used our Voice cards in a year because of Walmart 5% and they are still at 12k cl, time to start using them again.  

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.