cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart grocery pickup still coding as groceries?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart grocery pickup still coding as groceries?

This might not help many folks, but in poking around the new WM app I noticed that gift cards seem to be accepted now for grocery pickup orders - I don't think this was the case before.

Why this matters:  Walmart "Grocery" gift cards can be purchased from Fluz (don't need the PP Key for this) and it should still trigger the grocery category for most cards, or rather it has in the past.  Also, PayPal can be used directly on Fluz now, so Fluz not allowing the PPK to be used isn't really a problem.  (Edited to add:  WM Grocery GCs can be used inside the store as well via WM Pay, just like any other WM or Sam's Club GC.)

I know many aren't interested in bothering with gift cards, but this might be useful to some.  As always, test for yourself with a small purchase.

Message 21 of 25
Trini88
Established Contributor

2DEE99D1-2893-4BD1-89BB-F5B01F6DB2C4.jpeg

Yep codes as Walmart.com/Walmart Online, no longer codes as Walmart Grocery/Pickup & Delivery. SMH. Plus I made the purchase on September 16th and it just posted to my account, never did that before either.

Goal Cards:
Message 22 of 25
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

How do you guys see what percentage you get from your purchases on your Walmart card?  I usually keep up with the amount of points I gain but would be nice to see it the way @Trini88  showed it.

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 23 of 25
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Beast26 wrote:

How do you guys see what percentage you get from your purchases on your Walmart card?  I usually keep up with the amount of points I gain but would be nice to see it the way @Trini88  showed it.

In the Capital One app, click the card, click "reward points" then click "Activity".

Goal Cards:
Message 24 of 25
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  Upon looking at my activity everything gave me 5% except gift cards bought in the store even though I used Walmart pay!  Those gave me 2%.  Note to self don't buy gift cards in the store.  Now I'm wondering if they will give you 5% back for buying Walmart gift cards on walmart website.  Anyone got the info on that?

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.