Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart store card upgraded to Wal-Mart master card

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart store card upgraded to Wal-Mart master card

I dont think its any harder to get cli for a Walmart mastercard than regular card but i guess it wouldnt hurt to have a strong TU just in case. .i read many here who are getting upgraded that want to get big increase before it happens so they dont get stuck with low limit but i dont believe thats the case. The Syncrony cli machine will still be a phone call away, only difference now will be that you have a MC on your shirt when exiting the phone boothSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

AveragejoesCredit you could be right. Personally i experienced difficulty in getting CLI upon activation for Marvel Mc, Old navy Visa and Ebay extras MC as opposed to other synch store cards . Infact ebay extras Mc got an auto CLI from 3000 to 5000 after 6 months. I believe there was another thread on this topic somewhere. Anyways i do agree this depends on individual credit files . Though my scores were all above 710 i had tons of inquiries. Who knows with stronger profile one may easily get cli for MCs upon activation. I am sure there will be good examples of that as well. Either way good luck to OP !!Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, my TU is not my strongest report. Scores TU 690 (I think because my mortgage TL not reporting) EX 740, EQ 735 (last I checked) One thing I want to share is Amex auto increased me from CL $3,000 to CL $6,000 but I called and requested CL $8,500. The Rep told me it will have to go to the underwriter and to check back in 24 hours so I thought I must be now put in a FR which is fine and I just will gather all my info but the next day I pulled up my account online and CL $8,500 not to say it still won't happen but I didn't think it happened under 10k. I will call credit solutions in a few day after my payment in full post to my wally account because they are slow at times posting. Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my account & clicked on CLI and got the 7 to 10 day message. I called credit solutions requested 10k and got countered 6K so I accept Smiley Happy They didn't say anything about my account being upgraded to MC and I didn't ask. Did anyone receive any other info then just the upgrade letter? When calling credit solutions is it a hard pull?
Message 14 of 17
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Definitely not a hard pull with Synchrony for a CLI.

Message 15 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have yet to see a call to CS resulting in hp for most Sync cards that can get the cli. Other cards that are hooked into Synchrony Financial is a whole other ball game. Chating has on occasion resulted in hp, it happened to me, silly AmazonSmiley Sad, .

Deepkc, i also agree the mcs are or seem to be a little more stringent. Marvel can be a tuff nut to crack open that cli and for me Amazon is hardest to crack 10k, im still stuck at 6. Though sometimes im too lazy to call and press button. You can see in Queeny's example how its much better to call than hit button. You could hit button get rejected and 2 minutes later call and get approved. Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 17
diferminds

Do not do it you will loose all your history.  This is a company to stay away from.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.