cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

Today I did my monthly food shopping at Walmart. Bill at check out came 450 dollars, tryed to get 100 dollars fast cash the terminal did show fast cash as one of the choices. Ask for store manager , the manager said you will need to call credit card co, I said this a walmart mc what gives I just spend 450 bucks at your store. Got no wher with the manager, gave Cap one called they said you do have 3600 cash available but because of covid 19 Walmart has suspended fast cash back because they want to cut down on amount cash that is handle. If you a debit card you can get cash back. Also found out that no other credit card can get cash back at Walmart, are they using Covid 19 as an excuse to save transaction fee.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

Probably cutting back on cash that is handledSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 32
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

What is this "cash" you describe?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 32
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Correction the terminal did not show cash back as one of the choices. Will not get back to Walmart until some in july, may be some can try Discover and see what happens and let us know.

Message 4 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

What is this "cash" you describe?

LOL

Message 5 of 32
firefox100
Valued Contributor

At walmart using your walmart credit card you can get up to 100 dollars in cas at check out and ther is no cash advance fee or intrest as long you pay your statement balance in full. It is a nice feature you don't need to look for an atm. You are getting an intrest free loan for 30 days.

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used Disco a week or two ago at Walmart and the cash back option popped up on the screen. I didn't use it as I didn't need cash but it did show as an option.

Message 7 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Message 8 of 32
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Interesting. I haven't done cashback since Cap One took over my Walmart store card as I use Walmart Pay on my phone for 5% rewards and you can't get cashback on Walmart Pay. And I haven't used my Discover card at my grocery store in a few months as I have a BT on it and they charge you interest on purchases while you have a BT.

But I work for the local county and collect fees mostly in cash. I don't wear a mask as I'm outdoors but do am careful to maintain social distance. I consider handling cash by far the most dangerous part of my job, the bills are handled often by many different people. I go through alot of hand sanitizer wipes. So, they may be legit in trying to limit handling of cash. 

Message 9 of 32
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

If you're getting cash back at the self check out, the machine spits it out, not a clerk. I'm not sure who fills the self check out terminals with cash, but it seems that it would be a nightly task either way.

Interesting enough, Rotten Robbie Gas and Piazza's Market prompt if I want cash back on Disco. I haven't braved a Wal Mart in months!

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.