cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Kinda on topic/off topic.. CDC just said today or yesterday that touching things doesn't transmit the disease or at least nor very likely.  Changes each day/week. Shrug make what you want of it.

Just gonna leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVs5AyjzwRM

Message 21 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart suspends cash back on The Walmart mastercard by Capital one at check out.

@Cred4All wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Kinda on topic/off topic.. CDC just said today or yesterday that touching things doesn't transmit the disease or at least nor very likely.  Changes each day/week. Shrug make what you want of it.

Just gonna leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVs5AyjzwRM

@Cred4All, Thank you! .. I am thoroughly edumacated nowSmiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 32
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Guess it depends on location, my local Wal-Mart's and Sam's club has disabled the cash back option for at least the last 2 months which has been a pain. The lines at the bank drive up window, is about 30 minutes, and limited to bank hours. I have had no cash in my wallet the whole time, usually I keep $20-$40 in it. 

On the other hand, last night using my Discover card at a local grocery store, that only takes the discover card, debit cards and cash. I was allowed to get upto $100 in cash, which I have never seen at the location. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

This kind of situation is exaclty why I keep a cash reserve at home, all denominations and different forms of currencies. etc. Emergencies.

Not that Paper Money is top choice for many people in a situation like this, but it generally has a univeral use.

Message 24 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This kind of situation is exaclty why I keep a cash reserve at home, all denominations and different forms of currencies. etc. Emergencies.

Not that Paper Money is top choice for many people in a situation like this, but it generally has a univeral use.

NICE , Jason Bourne!, err sorry, @Anonymous 

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

What is this "cash" you describe?

It's a marketing gimmick.   Instead of producing standard size plastic or metal cards, some bank (Federal Reserve I think) is producing quite large cards made of some sort of paper.   And instead of swiping or inserting, you actually give one or more cards to the clerk, who keeps it, and not quite sure  of the rule, will sometimes give you one or more DIFFERENT cards back!  Don't think it will catch on.

Those "cards" you speak of used to be backed by something of real value, guess they figured "hey they'll never know"

Yeah, the Gold Standard at $35 per ounce Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, Now you're talkin!

#GoldRushFanSmiley Wink

Message 27 of 32
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Today I did my monthly food shopping at Walmart. Bill at check out came 450 dollars, tryed to get 100 dollars fast cash the terminal did show fast cash as one of the choices. Ask for store manager , the manager said you will need to call credit card co, I said this a walmart mc what gives I just spend 450 bucks at your store. Got no wher with the manager, gave Cap one called they said you do have 3600 cash available but because of covid 19 Walmart has suspended fast cash back because they want to cut down on amount cash that is handle. If you a debit card you can get cash back. Also found out that no other credit card can get cash back at Walmart, are they using Covid 19 as an excuse to save transaction fee.

I know that this is a little off topic I went to pay my HSBC credit card and the cash advance is $0 and called and asked and they said my account is fine but did not say anything to this virus at all.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I don't understand why it would matter. They're fine with swipes all day long, yet they're not okay with a Cash Advance where they're going to make more in interest than they would on a swipe fee? 

Risk is risk, so if you're that worried about it then you don't allow any use on said card. Because end of day you're creating a debt balance either way.

Message 29 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover and Sams/Walmart cards last i recall both support Cashover.... though a lot of stores are not enabling/honoring cashover right now due to not wanting to handle cash...

Cashover is NOT a Cash Advance, its treated as a normal transaction, minus any bonuses or cashback (discover)

Sort of wanted to clarify that for folks... since usually a CA is a bad thing with many banks...(note i did not say all or some CUs) 

-J

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.