Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

Wonder if they’ll change the process for the Kohl’s card too then.
Message 11 of 93
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

3 pulls for a store card? LolwutSmiley Sad
Message 12 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah and for one that sees many start with $100-300 SLs too. Completely ridiculous.
Message 13 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The capital One MasterCard is listed on their website as needing excellent credit to get.

Message 14 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

That would explain the triple pull

Message 15 of 93
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah and for one that sees many start with $100-300 SLs too. Completely ridiculous.

Smells like predatory lending.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 16 of 93
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like Cap1 didnt study walmarts target audience very well. Sure alot have excellent credit, but alot of them don't either.  The triple pull is kinda laughable and excellent credit needed is as well.  Me bets Walmart which they had Sync back if approvals for this card goes way down.  Be interesting to watch this play out.  I personally despire walmart and would never go in their stores, but alot of people love them.  

Message 17 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sounds like Cap1 didnt study walmarts target audience very well. Sure alot have excellent credit, but alot of them don't either.  The triple pull is kinda laughable and excellent credit needed is as well.  Me bets Walmart which they had Sync back if approvals for this card goes way down.  Be interesting to watch this play out.  I personally despire walmart and would never go in their stores, but alot of people love them.  

Walmart isn't going to care. Their issue with Sync was how many MasterCards were being issued. Capital One won't issue anywhere near as many MasterCards so Walmart will make more money on the store cards which is exactly what they wanted. 

Capital One loves their verification so it's highly likely that a lot of 7-10 will be just that. 

Message 18 of 93
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Walmart isn't going to care. Their issue with Sync was how many MasterCards were being issued. Capital One won't issue anywhere near as many MasterCards so Walmart will make more money on the store cards which is exactly what they wanted. 

Capital One loves their verification so it's highly likely that a lot of 7-10 will be just that. 

I guess I can agree what cap1 agrees as excellent credit vs. say Citi/BofA/ETC are two VERY different things.  Such as venture/QS/Savor all can be had at 650's if one doesnt have alot of new credit.

Still a triple pull for this card for this forum is crazy.. The general public might not care near as much

Message 19 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I guess I can agree what cap1 agrees as excellent credit vs. say Citi/BofA/ETC are to very different things.  Such as venture/QS/Savor all can be had at 650's if one doesnt have alot of new credit.

I am interested to see how the criteria shakes out for the MC. They both have a minimum SL of $300 so you would think the criteria will be less strict than their One line which have $1K minimums (not including QS One). 

Message 20 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.