Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

100% agree @CreditCuriosity. Guess theyve never been in Walmart. I too personally cant stand Walmart. No small business can compete with their business model and it saddens me. I would rather give my money to a small business if i could. I just happen to have the cards but i try my hardest not to go in store. Im super happy that at least now they ship alot on their website to where i live , unlike before and unlike Sams. Lol looks like im stuck on my $1700 MC but one of the reasons i tried to get it before Cap One . 1 hpSmiley Happy
Message 21 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

The general public probably has no clue they’re being triple pulled.
Message 22 of 93
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Tru Dat DiabloSmiley Wink
Message 23 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The general public probably has no clue they’re being triple pulled.

I dunno, the Equifax breach ended up getting a lot of people focused on credit monitoring. Most consumers at least have CK and thus would get alerts for TU and EQ. 

I think it's more that the general public wouldn't think anything of it than lack awareness. The average consumer doesn't go on sprees and so a triple pull means nothing to them. 

Message 24 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
100% agree @CreditCuriosity. Guess theyve never been in Walmart. I too personally cant stand Walmart. No small business can compete with their business model and it saddens me. I would rather give my money to a small business if i could. I just happen to have the cards but i try my hardest not to go in store. Im super happy that at least now they ship alot on their website to where i live , unlike before and unlike Sams. Lol looks like im stuck on my $1700 MC but one of the reasons i tried to get it before Cap One . 1 hpSmiley Happy

I can't stand Walmart, but my wife loves it. I won't do business with them, but unfortunately, my wife goes there all the time.

Message 25 of 93
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

My household hates Walmart too, but at 2:00am (bored and can't sleep) DH and I would go to Walmart and walk the isles. We would sometimes return everything we purchased because we don't need them.

We buy disposable plates monthly and I do back to school shopping there. I was intially interested in the card but NO WAY JOSE am i talking 3 hp. I'll settle with BOA 2%.

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 26 of 93
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wonder if they’ll change the process for the Kohl’s card too then.

The thing you have to keep in mind about the Kohl's relationship is that Capital One only owns the receivables for the portfolio. What used to be Kohl's credit division still manages and maintains the cards with Capital One's backing. Macy's/Bloomingdale's has a similar arrangement with Citibank (DNSB) and Nordstrom/Target have similar arrangements with TD. So unlike other retailers (i.e. Walmart, JC Penney etc) that have an issuer completely handle their credit cards, Kohl's, Macy's/Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom and Target still have a lot of say in their own card programs-they just no longer own the receivables.

Message 27 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ that makes sense - I appreciate the clarification Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 93
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good time to contact Walmart management and complain about Cap-1s whammy on pulls over Synchrony.

Message 29 of 93
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sounds like Cap1 didnt study walmarts target audience very well. Sure alot have excellent credit, but alot of them don't either.  The triple pull is kinda laughable and excellent credit needed is as well.  Me bets Walmart which they had Sync back if approvals for this card goes way down.  Be interesting to watch this play out.  I personally despire walmart and would never go in their stores, but alot of people love them.  

Walmart isn't going to care. Their issue with Sync was how many MasterCards were being issued. Capital One won't issue anywhere near as many MasterCards so Walmart will make more money on the store cards which is exactly what they wanted. 

Capital One loves their verification so it's highly likely that a lot of 7-10 will be just that. 

To verify my identity all they had me do was upload a picture of the back of my DL clearly showing the bar codes.   All verification was done in about 3 minutes. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 30 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.