Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

That's the worst, the dreaded Cap1 Triple Whipple™ 🤣 😂 🤣  thanks @FinStar it's in my head now... 🤦🏻‍♂️

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 31 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sounds like Cap1 didnt study walmarts target audience very well. Sure alot have excellent credit, but alot of them don't either.  The triple pull is kinda laughable and excellent credit needed is as well.  Me bets Walmart which they had Sync back if approvals for this card goes way down.  Be interesting to watch this play out.  I personally despire walmart and would never go in their stores, but alot of people love them.  

Walmart isn't going to care. Their issue with Sync was how many MasterCards were being issued. Capital One won't issue anywhere near as many MasterCards so Walmart will make more money on the store cards which is exactly what they wanted. 

Capital One loves their verification so it's highly likely that a lot of 7-10 will be just that. 

To verify my identity all they had me do was upload a picture of the back of my DL clearly showing the bar codes.   All verification was done in about 3 minutes. 

That's odd. The last time I had to verify my identity with cap, they emailed me a link. I clicked on it and logged into my cap1 account. That was it.

Message 32 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sounds like Cap1 didnt study walmarts target audience very well. Sure alot have excellent credit, but alot of them don't either.  The triple pull is kinda laughable and excellent credit needed is as well.  Me bets Walmart which they had Sync back if approvals for this card goes way down.  Be interesting to watch this play out.  I personally despire walmart and would never go in their stores, but alot of people love them.  

Walmart isn't going to care. Their issue with Sync was how many MasterCards were being issued. Capital One won't issue anywhere near as many MasterCards so Walmart will make more money on the store cards which is exactly what they wanted. 

Capital One loves their verification so it's highly likely that a lot of 7-10 will be just that. 

To verify my identity all they had me do was upload a picture of the back of my DL clearly showing the bar codes.   All verification was done in about 3 minutes. 

They have multiple ways they do it. 

When I got my SavorOne in June they did it with my phone number but the system kicked out both of my numbers so I had to call them and the guy looked called my Google Voice number since that's the one that was on my QS and verified me that way. 

They have been known to send letters for verification, emails, make outbound calls... it can be a real mess. 

Message 33 of 93
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

I’m amazed at the number of people in this thread who say they would never go in Walmart. It’s virtually impossible for any living, breathing American not to step foot in a Walmart. One poster says he despises the business model and would never go in there, but has their cards. That just doesn’t make sense. One guy says he won’t support Walmart, but his wife is in there all the time, which means he kind of does support Walmart. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 34 of 93
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its not impossible to not step in a Walmart. I just dont drive my car, enter their parking lot, get out of my car and walk in. I drive by one all the time. Personal choice. I know its oxymoronic, but i got their card , as do many when i was building credit. Regardless of how one feels about Walmart, the cards are good for building utilzation padding. I choose to have the cards just because in a world of necessary evil, i never know if i might need something. I dont go out of my way to use my Walmart cards .and when i start cutting back on cards, they can be first to go as i hold no emotional attachment. When you see what they do to local businesses maybe you can feel different but for now ill live with my oxymoronic Walmart cardsSmiley Wink
Message 35 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the majority of the general public who most likely only do free CM, they will only see a double pull through CK. The Triple Threat Beatdown will only truly be felt by the most elite of the bunch.
Message 36 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

$100 a pull. Theres a joke in there somewhere... 😂
Message 37 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@stonedog23 wrote:

I’m amazed at the number of people in this thread who say they would never go in Walmart. It’s virtually impossible for any living, breathing American not to step foot in a Walmart. One poster says he despises the business model and would never go in there, but has their cards. That just doesn’t make sense. One guy says he won’t support Walmart, but his wife is in there all the time, which means he kind of does support Walmart. 

I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart in a good 8 years. My wife goes there because sometimes they have the cheapest prices and it's conveniently by her work. We keep all of our finances separate so none of my money goes to them. I've also started doing more of the shopping so she only goes in there when it's only absolutely necessary. With the exception of one family member who is a manager at a Walmart, they are all against Walmart because of how they treat their employees, so she actually has to hide that she goes there or she won't hear the end of it.

Message 38 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
$100 a pull. Theres a joke in there somewhere... 😂

I made it in garden thread yesterday. Lol

Message 39 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should line everyone up in front of a slot machine and let everyone get the full effect with lights and sound. After the pull it spits out a Walmart card. Would sound like my cell phone after the CM alerts start hitting from a CapOne app. 😂
Message 40 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.