Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

I just got approved for the rewards mastercard with a $300 limit.  Scores were 654 TU, 604 EQ and 647 EX. BK7 discharged on May 17 of this year. I got a Platinum Capital One card a week out of bk with a $300 limit and I got the limit raised to $400 last week with the credit steps increase scheduled to hit next month. Looks like I got the Walmart mastercard by the skin of my teeth, but just wanted to add this data point for anyone considering. 

Message 51 of 93
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Got my letter from Capital One on Walmart changeover just this morning.

Odd Synchrony never upgraded my store card to bankcard but that didnt present any issue. I just use the store version with a 10K limit.

What might be of some additional interest for some like me is if Capital One is generous or not with SP CLI on current limits. Synchrony closed that door on me months ago with the sufficient limit lingo and i wouldnt mind realizing a small bump up to 15K for starters.

Im almost sure Capital One wont be upgrading the store to a MC version without stamping a triple dipple to the CRA.s so unless they make the effort this camp is content to proceed as usual as it's been along.

Message 52 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI with the Cap1 data breach comp CM from TU that makes 6 CMs on deck. I think I'm going to start a CM sig profile complete with CM logos. Smiley Very Happy At this rate my CMs are outnumbering my CCs. Cant make this stuff up. Oh BTW, EQ has NO WINS trying to give away another CM to people in this data breach environment in lieu of settlement $$$. I'm clocking a new data breach comp CM each month so far. Just got alerted of my email login/PW profiled in Poshmark data breach (June) today from EX CM. This is insane. Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 93
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

The truth of the matter is that most Walmart shoppers probably do not have excellent credit.  They should allow average to good consumers to get approved for the card. That would give them more customers.  Capital One has been good to me though.  I had a BK Chapter 7 discharge on Sept 16 and they have approved me for a credit card and an auto loan.  I am happy with them!

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 54 of 93
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What the Wally is a CM in this thread? I can only think of Cash Magnet
Message 55 of 93
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI with the Cap1 data breach comp CM from TU that makes 6 CMs on deck. I think I'm going to start a CM sig profile complete with CM logos. Smiley Very Happy At this rate my CMs are outnumbering my CCs. Cant make this stuff up. Oh BTW, EQ has NO WINS trying to give away another CM to people in this data breach environment in lieu of settlement $$$. I'm clocking a new data breach comp CM each month so far. Just got alerted of my email login/PW profiled in Poshmark data breach (June) today from EX CM. This is insane. Smiley LOL

What's CM?

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 56 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming CM in this instance is credit monitoring?

Message 57 of 93
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Odd Synchrony never upgraded my store card to bankcard but that didnt present any issue. I just use the store version with a 10K limit.

What might be of some additional interest for some like me is if Capital One is generous or not with SP CLI on current limits. Synchrony closed that door on me months ago with the sufficient limit lingo and i wouldnt mind realizing a small bump up to 15K for starters.

Im almost sure Capital One wont be upgrading the store to a MC version without stamping a triple dipple to the CRA.s so unless they make the effort this camp is content to proceed as usual as it's been along.

I also have the store card w/$10k CL, I believe you can call Credit Solutions to get more than $10k, that's how it is with my PalPal MC also at $10k. I never wanted the MC/Visa version, as I understand it posted as a new account and didn't offer any worthwhile additional bennies. Looks like the Cap One MC/Visa isn't much of an improvement, same rewards as the store card plus 2% on restaurant & travel, 1% all else.  I get better than that on other cards, so still happy to stick with the store card, but definitely will be using it more with 5% in store with Walmart Pay. I highly doubt if Capital One will be generous with SP CLIs, they aren't on any of their other cards.

As for folks who will never step foot in a Walmart, I lean left and when they opened a store in the nearest small city to my boonies location it took me several years to warm up to them but now it's by far my biggest spend locally - much lower prices than the chain grocery and I'm a "in & out, git r done" shopper so I like most everything I need in one place, last week I bought groceries, dog treats, wild bird seed & a new battery for one of my cars in one trip. And I use Walmart.com much more than Amazon - no Prime, I refuse to buy a membership for the privilege of spending my money at a retailer, so Walmart's no minimum free shipping with in store pickup works for me. As for the employees, no worries here in Arizona, we passed a voter initiative in 2016 that raised the state minimum wage from $8.25 to $11/hr. this year, goes to $12 next year, and greatly enhanced sick pay policies.

Message 58 of 93
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Try calling for a product change. Haven't seen anyone try yet. You might be the first.

Message 59 of 93
ficosuave
Contributor

Walmart Mastercard holder, only since July.

Received an email from Synchrony this afternoon about the upcoming transfer.

I assume they just mass-mailed these out to cardholders, but up to this point I had received no correspondence from Capital One, or Synchrony regarding the change. They do still include that asterisk "if for any reason your account is not transferred to Capital one...", but I don't see why I'd have gotten this email if it wasn't transferring, too.

Anyway, I know there was a bit of ambiguity about the fate of those of us who didn't receive the Capital One letters by now, so thought I'd provide this bit of info.

Message 60 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.