Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

@Anonymous wrote:

The only "advantage" would be if applying for the store card spares you the three hard pulls. Which we don't know yet!

Another reason might be that they don't want the "temptation" of using the card anywhere, or rather, they don't want an authorized user to be able to. Even though there is a lot of stuff that can be bought at Walmart, there's a limit, and that might be a good thing.

I recently apped for a Shell gas Mastercard, but ended up getting approved for a Shell gas store card. Then I thought about how it might be a good thing to only be able to use the card at Shell. I then decided to sign up a friend of mine as an AU, "just in case" he's stranded somewhere and needs gas and a cup of coffee. He's in the middle of some financial turmoil but is very trustworthy and I'm not worried he's going to go nuts with the card, but having it only be a store card is that little bit of extra assurance... 

Well... he could start Ballin' out on the Slushee machine. YOLO! Stranger things have been known to happen on a midnight gas run... or so I've heard. Smiley Very Happy   -JK

Message 81 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well... he could start Ballin' out on the Slushee machine. YOLO! Stranger things have been known to happen on a midnight gas run... or so I've heard. Smiley Very Happy   -JK

Smiley LOL Well, it's possible, but he's a slender guy so I don't see him doing that! Smiley LOL In any case, I can quickly remove him as AU on Citi's site. That's another feature I like. I'm not worried about his trustworthiness, but another concern is, what if he loses the card or it gets stolen? (This has never happened to him, but just in case.) I'd rather have a store card get lost than a Mastercard, you know what I mean?

Message 82 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley LOL Well, it's possible, but he's a slender guy so I don't see him doing that! Smiley LOL In any case, I can quickly remove him as AU on Citi's site. That's another feature I like. I'm not worried about his trustworthiness, but another concern is, what if he loses the card or it gets stolen? (This has never happened to him, but just in case.) I'd rather have a store card get lost than a Mastercard, you know what I mean?

I hear what you're sayin' from a heirarchy standpoint. In reality if either gets lost/stolen, its a simple cancel and replace with free overnight shipping.

Message 83 of 93
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@ficosuave wrote:

Walmart Mastercard holder, only since July.

Received an email from Synchrony this afternoon about the upcoming transfer.

I assume they just mass-mailed these out to cardholders, but up to this point I had received no correspondence from Capital One, or Synchrony regarding the change. They do still include that asterisk "if for any reason your account is not transferred to Capital one...", but I don't see why I'd have gotten this email if it wasn't transferring, too.

Anyway, I know there was a bit of ambiguity about the fate of those of us who didn't receive the Capital One letters by now, so thought I'd provide this bit of info.

FYI... because of that statement on there, I called Synchrony and asked if it was possible to stay with them and not transfer over to Capital One. I was told that all personal accounts would transfer over. The statement was because some business accounts are not transferring over. Oh well... 🤷🏻‍♂️

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 84 of 93
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@HighAchiever wrote:

@ficosuave wrote:

I assume they just mass-mailed these out to cardholders, but up to this point I had received no correspondence from Capital One, or Synchrony regarding the change. They do still include that asterisk "if for any reason your account is not transferred to Capital one...", but I don't see why I'd have gotten this email if it wasn't transferring, too.

Anyway, I know there was a bit of ambiguity about the fate of those of us who didn't receive the Capital One letters by now, so thought I'd provide this bit of info.

FYI... because of that statement on there, I called Synchrony and asked if it was possible to stay with them and not transfer over to Capital One. I was told that all personal accounts would transfer over. The statement was because some business accounts are not transferring over. Oh well... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Business accounts? Since when is anything you buy at Walmart a business purchase? There really is only so much printer paper that you can buy.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 85 of 93
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

I’m hoping this might help; I’m almost three years out of BK7 and in a rebuild process.
I am a Cap1 customer and speaking only for myself, when I applied for the Walmart MasterCard I was approved instantly with only one CRA pull (Experian.)
This could be a YMMV situation but it wasn’t a 3B pull for me.
Yes, the SL was the dreaded $300 albatross but it’ll grow.
Message 86 of 93
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It will be interesting to see if a $300 sl from Cap One does indeed grow. Were it it Sync, for sure it will grow but with Cap One and their penchant for wanting heavy use for cli, im not so sure. Will be interestingSmiley Wink
Message 87 of 93
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@texasguppie wrote:
I’m hoping this might help; I’m almost three years out of BK7 and in a rebuild process.
I am a Cap1 customer and speaking only for myself, when I applied for the Walmart MasterCard I was approved instantly with only one CRA pull (Experian.)
This could be a YMMV situation but it wasn’t a 3B pull for me.
Yes, the SL was the dreaded $300 albatross but it’ll grow.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

While I thought I might have snuck in under the Triple Dipple Radar I was admittedly incorrect...Over the course of three days each CRA reported the app for the WallyWorld MasterCard. Such is the roll of the dice. Buyer...er...Apper beware!

Message 88 of 93
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi I have the Walmart Mastercard from Synchrony bank with a 18K credit line. I started out with a walmart store card with credit line of 900 dollars back in 2012 and in 2015 was ask back in 2015 by Synchrony if I wanted a mastercard and got approve for the Walmart MC for starting credit line of 6K, over the past 5 years the line grew to nice credit line of 18K with soft pulls only from Synchrony bank. Today I check my Account on phone by calling the number on the back of card at 866 611 1148 and Capital one now answers line check my balance and what my total credit line is it is stel at 18K. I spoke to Capital one and thay told me for cli will be only soft pull. You do need to waight 6 months to ask for one. As to Capital one doing triple hard pull I would not open or apply with a bank that would do a triple pull. Amex , Boa Barclay's and many others only do a single pull. If thay want make shore that you won't be problem then can do a hard pull on credit report and do soft pull on 2 other credit reports.. I do have three credit cards with Capital one now and added the Walmart card to my Capital one appp. My total cl for all my cards is 168.5K with ul of of 1 percent and fico scores above 790 for three reports.

Message 89 of 93
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@HighAchiever wrote:

@ficosuave wrote:

Service reps have been known to make stuff up if they don't know the answer . . . Business accounts??? Seriously? Any business that would shop Walmart would be a small local business that would most likely have a personal account in the name of the owner.

When I saw that statement that some accounts may not transfer I figured it was any seriously delinquent accounts. Cap One and Walmart would no doubt say "That's OK, you can keep those and try to collect them yourself".

Message 90 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.