Re: Walmart??

bump

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 11 of 19
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

I've heard about the 99/500 BoA card.. Couldn't ever figure out how to apply for it! Did you get denied then get the 99/500 offer in the mail?
Message 12 of 19
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Thats how i got my 99/500 was after denial for the unsecured 123. Great card i love it. Last month i ran 1900 through it paying daily/weekly and post a $5 ballance when statement cut. I called the BOA credit department and asked if this would hurt me and they said no, it show that i can handle much higher limits.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 13 of 19
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:
I've heard about the 99/500 BoA card.. Couldn't ever figure out how to apply for it! Did you get denied then get the 99/500 offer in the mail?

I have checkings & savings with Bank of America, so I was able to accept the offer immediately (BOA withdrew the money when I clicked yes), but I do believe if you click yes and don't bank at BOA they will send you a hard copy of the offer.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 14 of 19
adavis425
Established Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:
My husband app'd for a Walmart store card in march, denied of course. A friend of mine with worse credit than him was approved for a $200 limit, so I figured maybe he'd be approved. No dice. He has 2 collections, one aging off next month, one were paying tomorrow that they've agreed to delete, he also has a repo from 2008. Our FP cc was stolen and used by his sister in April 2012, we moved may 11th and with moving expenses we couldn't afford to pay the balance she ran up so we settled on it in feb of this year, it was CO we settled for $226, out of a $368 balance. He lost 30 points when that reported settled and closed. His EQ FICO is 584 now. We also have an auto loan always paid on time opened January 2012, he completed the finger hit fresh start acct and is now waiting on the revolving acct to kick in, and he was approved for a cap1 secured with $99 deposit, $200 CL. We paid the deposit about 4 days ago so we haven gotten that card yet. Given all this info, how long should he wait to reapply for Walmart? We only want it for the gas savings lol thanks In advance! Also, if anyone could suggest any unsecured cards he may get approved for based on his CR let me know! Keep in mind he's about to have one collection deleted, and one age off next month which leaves 0 collections! We don't mind waiting till August to apply either if his chances of approval are better with no collections. Oh, and his AAoA is 1.4 years..

Just wondering, if the cc was stolen why were you responsible for it to the point of settling (I know some folks are hesitant about pressing charges against family members)?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 15 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:
My husband app'd for a Walmart store card in march, denied of course. A friend of mine with worse credit than him was approved for a $200 limit, so I figured maybe he'd be approved. No dice. He has 2 collections, one aging off next month, one were paying tomorrow that they've agreed to delete, he also has a repo from 2008. Our FP cc was stolen and used by his sister in April 2012, we moved may 11th and with moving expenses we couldn't afford to pay the balance she ran up so we settled on it in feb of this year, it was CO we settled for $226, out of a $368 balance. He lost 30 points when that reported settled and closed. His EQ FICO is 584 now. We also have an auto loan always paid on time opened January 2012, he completed the finger hit fresh start acct and is now waiting on the revolving acct to kick in, and he was approved for a cap1 secured with $99 deposit, $200 CL. We paid the deposit about 4 days ago so we haven gotten that card yet. Given all this info, how long should he wait to reapply for Walmart? We only want it for the gas savings lol thanks In advance! Also, if anyone could suggest any unsecured cards he may get approved for based on his CR let me know! Keep in mind he's about to have one collection deleted, and one age off next month which leaves 0 collections! We don't mind waiting till August to apply either if his chances of approval are better with no collections. Oh, and his AAoA is 1.4 years..

It's hard to tell with Walmart. I've seen approvals in the very low 600's, and denials in the 700's because of BKs and the like. I'd wait until he hite the mid 600's. Good luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 16 of 19
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Just wondering, if the cc was stolen why were you responsible for it to the point of settling (I know some folks are hesitant about pressing charges against family members)?

Figured like most cards, they'd require us to file a police report (come to find out they actually didnt require a police report).. and exactly like you said, didn't want to do that against a family member even though she royally screwed us.

Message 17 of 19

Believe it or not you can try applying to first premier in about 3 months. I had settled with them and a couple of months later I thought what the heck  and applied and they gave me a 300 dollar CL.  My score was a 588 when I app'd. You can also try the shopping cart trick I was able to get 3 cards that way with my low score

Message 18 of 19
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

yeah i would wait also...BUT, if you are gonna apply anyway, I would suggest you get a few store cards and let those age and report with low balances(just don't go on an app spree). Pick two or three that you want and go for them.  I suggest Amazon.com store card, Victoria's secret, and possibly a clothing store card.  If you want a visa go for a credit one....they offer a lower rate than first premier like 10% less, but will only give you a $300 limit to start.  I also have a Matrix card but i don't recommend it. I plan to cancel it on the 11th month, to avoid another annual fee. As I said before dont app spree, this will cause a big drop in your score, if your file is thin. It hits your AAoA hard.  Anyway let those cards age a few(4 or 5) months. Then you can app for better cards, like the total rewards visa, cap one quicksilver, and upgrade your Amazon.com store card to a Amazon.com Visa! You can do it!!!! 

Hope this helps....I've been there!

AUBURN

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.