tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol wow I feel lucky then I just got approved for 300 dollars Smiley Happy

GEMB does not like BKs no matter how old they are

Who knows what they are thinking. Last September I got a $500 line at Walmart. FICO needs to see a store card so although it is only currently $725 I am keeping it.
Another GEMB store I ended up using last year was 6th Ave. Electronics. I bought a $500 TV and they gave me a $4200 line in the store. You just never know.
Message 31 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Who knows what they are thinking. Last September I got a $500 line at Walmart. FICO needs to see a store card so although it is only currently $725 I am keeping it.
Another GEMB store I ended up using last year was 6th Ave. Electronics. I bought a $500 TV and they gave me a $4200 line in the store. You just never know.

Just going by what a friend in their credit department told me.  Electronics store limits are usually higher as a rule at least the store cards are.

Message 32 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

ashabbir1 wrote:

I have an almost 9 yr old BK and got a $2500 CL on Walmart Discover. I got the 24 - 48 hrs notice and the next day called and asked if that meant I was denied. The rep said, "No, I just need to ask you some security questions from your CR." After I answered his questions regarding previous addresses (a really long time ago), etc. he said, "Congratulations, you qualify for a Walmart Discover with a $2500 CL. I about choked I was so startled. Received my card a few days later and it works fine.Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by sleigh17 on 11-04-2007 12:20 PM
Message 33 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

what number did you call? I got the 24-48 hour message today. Chomping at the bits.
Message 34 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

sleigh17 wrote:

Brammy wrote:

ashabbir1 wrote:

I have an almost 9 yr old BK and got a $2500 CL on Walmart Discover. I got the 24 - 48 hrs notice and the next day called and asked if that meant I was denied. The rep said, "No, I just need to ask you some security questions from your CR." After I answered his questions regarding previous addresses (a really long time ago), etc. he said, "Congratulations, you qualify for a Walmart Discover with a $2500 CL. I about choked I was so startled. Received my card a few days later and it works fine.Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by sleigh17 on 11-04-2007 12:20 PM

9 years makes a diff. Without it, you probably would have doubled your limit

Message 35 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the store card for two years, just got a gigantic 125.00 CLI.  Only derog 7 year old BK. Limit now = 715.00....riiiight! 
Message 36 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hubby has a Sams club cc member since 99 I think we applied for cc in 02 something like that anyway had a lousy limit of $1600. Pissed me off I couldnt buy anything big at sams I called up and chewed them out she said he would have to call so he called she asked what he wanted and he said at $2500, they raised him to $10,000. Now wth can you spend that much money on at sams or wm (the only places the card in good). But it does help with the util.  Tks Vicki

I think it was his credit scores not my griping that got the increase hahaha

Message Edited by greyhound2007 on 11-09-2007 04:21 PM
Message 37 of 95
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the store card for two years, just got a gigantic 125.00 CLI. Only derog 7 year old BK. Limit now = 715.00....riiiight!

Whoa, good thing they've got those rollbacks workin' for ya...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 38 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the store card for two years, just got a gigantic 125.00 CLI. Only derog 7 year old BK. Limit now = 715.00....riiiight!

Whoa, good thing they've got those rollbacks workin' for ya...

LOL!! still doesnt do a whole lot for those special financing deals.....!!! Did I mention that this is the biggest CLI on this card to date?

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-09-2007 07:24 PM
Message 39 of 95
tknkrov
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Brammy same with me had the card 2 years cl of 665.00. Tried to do an increase the other day and online and it said cannot process online please call this number. When  I did the csr said he didn't know why it was doing that but suggested I apply for the Discover they give better CLs. I wanted to know if there was a cap on this card and he said again I think you should go for the discover. I did and then got the 7-10 day message, crap. They called the next day to ask security questions and said congratulations your approved witha cl of 2500. Well okay do you think the csr knew something by looking at my file?
Message 40 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.