Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu Platinum Protect?

tag
Roxlie
Contributor

Wamu Platinum Protect?

I got a letter the other day congratulating me for having been upgraded to a "Platinum Protect" account. This was not at my request.

The letter indicated I would be receiving my new card in the mail shortly and in the mean time I can start taking advantage of the 5.99% APR until Jan 09.

Did anyone else receive one of these notices?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu Platinum Protect?

Roxlie wrote:
I got a letter the other day congratulating me for having been upgraded to a "Platinum Protect" account. This was not at my request.

The letter indicated I would be receiving my new card in the mail shortly and in the mean time I can start taking advantage of the 5.99% APR until Jan 09.

Interesting.  I've never heard of this WaMu card.  What are the other terms?  Any rewards?

Which card did you have before the upgrade?  Was it a standard WaMu Platinum MC or Visa?

Message 2 of 15
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Roxlie wrote:

Yup I got one!

This is my second round with these "upgrades" First one was a "Platinum Protect" this second one (I got the notice a few days ago) is a "Premier Platinum Protect". I'm not sure what the Premier part is all about, the original Platinum Protect "upgrade" was all about car rental insurance etc. I guess I'll see when the card actually gets here.
Message 3 of 15
Roxlie
Contributor

It was just a standard platinum visa. I've had it a little over a year and I've never made a purchase on it. I did a BT for 0% until Jan 09 that was offered when I applied for it and I've just been paying on that.

It says 5.99 through your Jan 09 statement date on new purchased made through Sep 25, 08. After that it reverts back to my normal APR of 11.99. Which since I haven't made any purchases is still actually 0% on the BT.

The only other benefit that it says is new is a Lost Luggage Reimbursement.
Message 4 of 15
Roxlie
Contributor

stefanc,

If you don't mind me asking, have you tried for a CLI since they have "upgraded" the account? I've been stuck at 1000 CL since I opened the card last year. Each time I call for one they decline it.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roxlie wrote:
stefanc,

If you don't mind me asking, have you tried for a CLI since they have "upgraded" the account? I've been stuck at 1000 CL since I opened the card last year. Each time I call for one they decline it.

WaMu doesn't give CLIs by request on any of their cards.  The only CLI you'll get from WaMu will be auto-CLI, possibly at 6 months, then 12 months, then annually after that.

I'm clueless about this new card, though.  I wonder what that's all about.

Message 6 of 15
Roxlie
Contributor

Ah okay that would explain why they always turn me down. I also suppose I won't get an auto CLI because they aren't making any money on me at this point.

Thanks for that info, Cheddar!
Message 7 of 15
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Roxlie wrote:
stefanc,

I've had my WAMU for over a year and a half, with no CLI until last month (auto). I only use mine for BT's (I've never used the card for purchases) I've run through 3 cycles of BT's running it up to 2,500-ish down to 0 before the BT expires -- repeat...

They will not do requested increases. I've tried numerous times.

When I got my first "protect" upgrade I couldn't find anyone at a branch or via phone that had any clue what the card was about. There is an old thread about the original "upgrade" months ago.
Message 8 of 15
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Roxlie wrote:
stefanc,

WaMu doesn't give CLIs by request on any of their cards. The only CLI you'll get from WaMu will be auto-CLI, possibly at 6 months, then 12 months, then annually after that.

I'm clueless about this new card, though. I wonder what that's all about.

Hi Cheddar

My original "upgrade" WAMU Platinum M/C to Platinum Protect - was all about travel related insurance - Car rental, accidental death, roadside assistance etc.

I have no idea yet about this last "upgrade" to the premiere platinum protect. It looks like they have added emergency medical and dental while traveling. I'll post when I actually get the card and read the new T&C.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

stefanc wrote:

I've had my WAMU for over a year and a half, with no CLI until last month (auto). I only use mine for BT's (I've never used the card for purchases) I've run through 3 cycles of BT's running it up to 2,500-ish down to 0 before the BT expires -- repeat...

They will not do requested increases. I've tried numerous times.

When I got my first "protect" upgrade I couldn't find anyone at a branch or via phone that had any clue what the card was about. There is an old thread about the original "upgrade" months ago.

Hi stefanc,

I just paid off my first BT promotion with WAMU this month.    How long did it take for you to get another BT offer? 

I just received my first CLI from them on this month's statement.  I have been with them since 2006. 

Thanks for the information.

Sandy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.