Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu WTF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu WTF?

Ok, just got off the phone with a Wamu Supervisor. 

Her: "Hi this is Gerri, I am an account supervisor, I hear you want to take legal action against us"

Me:  I didn't say that.

Her: "You said BBB"

I wanted to say BBB stands for B***H x3

Now instead of getting her stupid %&*^! on the phone addressing the situation at hand she tries to intimidate me.

Reason for my call was.  On my statements it clearly says "Make your vacation dreams a reality, just use checks to access your credit line"

"Give your cookout that extra bang. Get the cash you need by using checks to access your credit line"

Uh hello, what checks?  I don't have any checks, haven't received any checks why is this on my statement, isn't this a little deceptive, it's like telling me I can use $20,000 and I don't have that limit as far as I am concerned.

"Sorry, I don't know why that is printed on your statement.  Sorry you feel that way, is there anything else I can help you with".

What a BBB!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
felixfly2000
Contributor

Re: Wamu WTF?

PositiveChange wrote:    What a BBB!

Better Business Bureaus, Positive I can't get them to stop sending me those check. I burned up my shredder on them. Sometimes they are on the bottom of the last page of my statement.( the 1 or 2 times I didn't pay in full.) Usually they come separate from my statement with the words: Take advantage of your low BT rate. On the envelope.

Message 2 of 22
aftermath
Established Contributor

PositiveChange wrote:
Ok, just got off the phone with a Wamu Supervisor. 

Her: "Hi this is Gerri, I am an account supervisor, I hear you want to take legal action against us"

Me:  I didn't say that.

Her: "You said BBB"

I wanted to say BBB stands for B***H x3

Now instead of getting her stupid %&*^! on the phone addressing the situation at hand she tries to intimidate me.

Reason for my call was.  On my statements it clearly says "Make your vacation dreams a reality, just use checks to access your credit line"

"Give your cookout that extra bang. Get the cash you need by using checks to access your credit line"

Uh hello, what checks?  I don't have any checks, haven't received any checks why is this on my statement, isn't this a little deceptive, it's like telling me I can use $20,000 and I don't have that limit as far as I am concerned.

"Sorry, I don't know why that is printed on your statement.  Sorry you feel that way, is there anything else I can help you with".

What a BBB!

Slow-down there.  I think you might be blowing this way out of proportion.

If you carefully read what it listed on your statement:

"Make your vacation dreams a reality, just use checks to access your credit line"

All they are trying to do is entice you into inquiring about their cash advance checks.  It doesn't state anywhere that they had sent you any checks nor do they state that they are YOUR checks,  all it says is USE checks.  They are simply saying, "You can pull out cash from your cards, we have the checks to allow you to do it."

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

UMMMM what is the point of telling me any of that if I don't have the checks, have never received the checks, and that offer doesn't apply to me?

It doesn't say inquire about the checks, or we may send the checks, it says by using the checks.  I do not think that I am going overboard at all.  How do you use something you don't have?
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aftermath, if on the bottom of your paycheck it stated "you can save on gas, all you have to do is use the company car" and your company doesn't have a company car for you to use...comprende?

Message Edited by PositiveChange on 07-17-2008 06:47 PM
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

PositiveChange wrote:
UMMMM what is the point of telling me any of that if I don't have the checks, have never received the checks, and that offer doesn't apply to me?

You have a WaMu CC and you don't have any checks?

Don't worry.  You will.

Trust me.  You'll have plenty of them.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, I sure don't.  I was more concerned about them sending them and I didn't receive them.  That was my biggest worry.  I really don't need them though, but you never know when you may.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol
Message 8 of 22
voidman
Established Contributor

humm, maybe its blessing in disguise that you don't have the checks. Smiley Happy
-void
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

there called convience checks they send you! when you have a Cash access line of credit! mine is 1000CL 500cash access line of credit! on my BP visa
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.